Is That You?

Okay, for the beginning of this one, your around five or six, and Patrick's about the same age as you. And Y/N/N is your nickname a 5 year old Patrick Stump would give you. c:
-------
You looked over to your best friend. His blue eyes are red and puffy, and so were yours. Your parents were still packing all the carry ons into the car.

"Will I ever see you again, Y/N/N?" Patrick questioned with his voice cracking. The frown on your face grew. Were you gonna see your best friend again? You slowly shrugged your shoulders. Patrick's heart shattered at the thought of not seeing you again.

He walked forward, towards you, wrapping his arms around you, crying harder. You tried to hold back more tears, but you couldn't. Returning his embrace, your parents called you, signaling it was time to go. You let go, but he lingered for a few more seconds. Patrick's cheeks were stained with tears, and his nose was running.

"I'll miss you a lot, Y/N/N..." Patrick sniffled, looking you in your e/c eyes.

"I'll miss you too, Patty" you told him, looking down at your feet. Your parents called you again, and you looked back at Patrick who was looking down to the ground. "Bye...." you said as you turned around. He looked back up, inaudibly saying good bye back.

You got into your car seat. As the car started up, you turned around and saw Patrick staring back at you. You waved good bye, and he waved back. The car started moving, but Patrick couldn't take it. He started running after your car, only to be caught by his parents half way down the block. Your car turned the corner, breaking your gaze of Patrick's small body.
-----
20 years later

You looked around your new apartment filled with boxes. You've just moved back to Chicago from (town you live in), and so far you had an idea on why you and your parents left this city. It was crowded, busy, and some people were rude. Not to mention your trip here wasn't exactly the best. You got stopped by security before boarding the plane here, you almost lost your carry ons, the person you sat next to on the plane was the rudest you've ever met, and your friend, who moved here months before, couldn't pick you up from the airport.

All you wanted to do at this point in time was flop on your bed, and sleep. You knew you couldn't until you got somethings unpacked, especially your pillows, blankets, and sheets. Sighing, you made your way to your bedroom to get started.

Around an hour into unpacking, you faintly heard a knock on your front door. You groaned, wondering who it was. You stepped over all the boxes that blocked your way to the door, making sure not to fall. The knock came again when you were just about at the door.

"Coming!" You yelled so who ever was at the door wouldn't leave. Approaching the door, you fixed your shirt which was hanging way to low for your liking. You opened the door to reveal a ginger brown haired man with glasses, staring at the floor. "May I help you sir?" You asked him, startling him at your sudden appearance. He slowly picked his head up to look at you.

"Uh... yeah, um. I heard you just moved in and was ,uh, wondering if you needed help unpacking anything..." the stranger said, looking at you with his blue eyes. You smiled at his request, nodding, and letting him in. He returned the smile, and stepped inside your apartment.

"I'd love some help to unpack, since your offering. I didn't think anyone would want to" you closed your door, trailing behind the stranger. " I never got your name though, kind stranger" you smiled as your eyes met with his. He blushed before answering.

"Oh um, sorry. I'm, uh, Patrick. Patrick Stump"He said, extending his hand out. You were stunned at his name, pondering where you've heard his name before. You slowly extended your hand to shake his hand.

"Y/N. Y/F/N" Patrick's eyes widened. His eyes started tearing up and his hand went to his mouth. You looked at him, confused. Tears were slowly emerging from his eyes.

"Y/N/N? Is it you?" Patrick asked you, stepping back slightly. You froze at the nickname. Everything came back to you. You remembered him. Your eyes grew wide, with tears threatening to spill over. You jogged slightly over to Patrick and wrapped your arms around his neck. He snaked his arms around your torso, and put his head in the crook of your neck. "I've missed you so much, Y/N/N..." Patrick sobbed into your neck.

"I missed you, too, Patty"

The two of you stood like that for ten minutes, before pulling away. Patrick looked deep into your e/c eyes with his blue ones. His eyes were full of happiness. Happiness that he was finally reunited with you. He slowly leaned down, and pressed his lips against your softly. You grinned and kissed him back, moving your lips in sync with his. He pulled back after a few minutes, setting his head against yours.

"I'm so glad I found you, Y/N..." Patrick said softly, catching his breath. You smiled wide, and nodded your head against his. You were happy to have blindly made your way back to him.

A/N: Before you say anything about the rude Chicago people, I must stop you. I live near Chicago, and all the times I've been there, the people were very nice. Its just in this little story that most people are rude. They're not even talked about that much either, so...

Thank you for reading!

-Dawn