🌸Chapter 34: The Pathos of a Gal, Part Two🎨

Written by EmtenDew

Edited by P. serrulata

Image courtesy of u/chxrrysxftie

www.reddit.com/user/chxrrysxftie

----------

Author's note:

ED: Continuing their walk home together, Naoto is in for a few revelations from his friend, Sakura.

Attack on Titan was a lame series (I never understood why they put up with those things running around, knocking down city walls and stuff), and Naoto drawing Nagatoro on the train is a boring meme.

Please look at the Q&A section I set up at the end of the chapter. Ask us anything, and we'll add another section in the next chapter. I would be happy if you ask questions.

Please enjoy what I wrote.

----------

Thursday, July 11, 2018

"...Wow, Senpai-kun..." Sakura Inori sympathized. "I'm sorry you've been feeling that way. That's no fun, I know."

Naoto Hachioji blew out a shaky breath, and it came as a low whistle, "Yeah... I don't like it, Sakura-san."

The gal rocked on the spring rider she'd chosen, the horse, near the edge of the little park they'd now visited several times.

"It does feel a little better to just say it though, doesn't it?" she asked. "I mean, when you get to say it out loud to someone, and I always find that helps me."

Naoto had been slightly amused at how much Sakura had wanted "the horsey". He hadn't really cared one little bit which kids' toy he parked his ass on, but he'd chosen the bumblebee, its location slightly but handily blocked from the sunlight bothering his eyes.

"I think so..." He didn't feel worse, but he supposed admitting it to someone that he knew wouldn't laugh at him acted as a timely pressure release-valve, stymieing that unpleasant force that had been threatening to come rushing out of him.

What's crazy was that he only had one person in his immediate ken that might react in such a cruel way, mocking him to his face. She was Hayase Nagatoro, and she was the one he wanted most to understand.

If she laughed at him for admitting that he'd been sitting on pins and needles the last couple days, ready to break down crying over the superficially small reality that his time spent—and it had been a good chunk of time—studying with Sakura and their kohai, Hana Sunomiya, would be ending on Saturday or Sunday, Naoto probably wouldn't be able to take that. And it would be pretty fucked up too, that she'd do such a thing... laughing at him.

Naoto and Sakura had been talking since leaving school, and they hadn't stopped. It hadn't been long before they came upon the park, adjacent to the ice cream shop, but they'd started in on Naoto's worries and kept the conversation going.