slushie gushy wushy hushy

No, this isn't a Jason Dean reference. ☠

_____________________________________________________

You read your report on your computer once more, oblivious to the fact that the light coming from the screen was blinding your eyes. Of course, this essay was way more important than your eyesight.

The room was dark and the moon had already risen into the sky, giving you more than enough light. You looked at your clock and it read "3:47 AM."

You stretched like a cat in your chair and groaned. You probably only had four hours to sleep before you needed to wake up again. Luckily for you, you were finally satisfied with your project. You were even a little proud of yourself for finishing even if the deadline was creeping up on you so soon.

You looked out your window for the second time and remembered that there was a gas station just across the street of your house. Since you were feeling pretty good, you decided to treat yourself a bit so you grabbed your coat and headed out.

_____________________________________________________

You opened the doors of the convenience store and got immediately greeted by a chime and a woman at the counter. "Morning," you said as you stepped in.

After scanning some shelves, you successfully located a sandwich and one of your favorite chips but then realized you needed a drink to go with your luxurious meal. You made your way to the freezer, hoping to get some Coke or an iced tea, but your eyes caught view of a slushie machine hidden in the corner.

"This thing still works right?" You asked the cashier. "Of course. We just got it installed a few weeks ago." She responded. "Though I wouldn't recommend the blueberry slushies, they're pretty bad."

You looked at her and looked back at the machine, right on the handle labeled "blueberry."

"Well now that you've recommended I shouldn't get it, I wanna get it now." You told her as you reached for a cup. She giggled and called you stubborn.

Just as you were about to fill your cup with the delicious cold beverage, you heard the door ring once again, startling you and causing you to drop your cup. You didn't really expect anyone to come in this late after all.

You paid no attention to the man who just caused you to drop your cup and instead grabbed a new one. Now at this point you would've been out the door with all your items by now but for some reason, you couldn't get the slushie machine to do its own job.

You snarled at the fact that you couldn't get the machine to work and started to get pretty annoyed at this minor inconvenience. "Didn't you say this thing just got installed? I think it's broken." You asked the woman.

"Need help?" You heard a new voice say, thinking only that it must've been the person who just came in since it was only you and the cashier. You looked over to where the voice sprouted from, revealing your theory as correct. The man had a taller figure and some messy brown hair, accompanied with a dusty outfit. You knew you've seen him somewhere, you just couldn't put your finger on it. Maybe he was a friend of one of your friends?

You nodded at his offer and he came walking towards you, also grabbing a cup. "Which flavor do you want?" The slightly taller male asked. "Blueberry" you replied, bringing another giggle from the cashiers mouth. The so-called "stranger" looked pretty confused but carried on with his tutorial.

The man reached for the handle and turned it a completely different way than you originally did. He stole your cup from your hands and placed it under the machine. "You see? You just pulled it the wrong way." He told you as you watched your cup fill up in awe. You then realized how embarrassing that moment was for you and got flustered, quickly taking your cup back after he was done.

"Thanks a lot." You said as you made your way to the cash register to finally have your food checked out. After purchasing your items, you made your way out of the store and got hit by a cool breeze. It felt nice to finally be outside so you sat in the parking lot, eating your food.

You then heard the door open behind you. That must be the guy again you thought, and you were correct. You looked up at the early sky, taken back at how clear and beautiful it looked, until your stargazing moment got cut off.

"Can I sit?" He asked. You didn't really have anything to do since you were finished with your essay, so you agreed. He sat down and placed the straw into his beverage, which you noticed was a cherry flavored slushie. You looked up at him and he smiled in response.

You both sat comfortably for a minute or two until it was getting too awkward for your tolerance so you decided to break the silence with a simple question. "So uh, you got to my school right? I've seen you around." You asked. (as basic as that question was..) He turned over to you in confusion.

"Seriously? You don't even know my name?" He complained and sounded genuinely hurt. "I'm good friends with one of your friends."

You looked at him and then thought about it. You definitely have seen him before. Besides, you could spot a tall man like him anywhere. "Ohh..yeah I know who you are! Uhm, you're name starts with an 'M,' right?"

"We've met before. Remember that project we were assigned with?" He sighed and went back to sipping his drink. Now you felt pretty bad and tried to make up for it. "Ah, I'm sorry I don't really pay attention to anything during class, especially, you know, my surroundings. To be fair, I don't think you even helped on that assignment." You explained, expecting to hear another sigh of disbelief. Instead, he looked at you again and laughed.

"Oh I'm just messing with you. I wasn't actually mad." He confessed as he pulled his hand out for you. "Michael."

"[Y/N]." You responded while shaking his hand. "I knew I knew you from somewhere! You just don't talk as much so I couldn't tell. Well, I'm sorry that we didn't have any real formal introduction. Or interaction."

"Let's change that then."

_____________________________________________________

You were definitely taken back at his offer, expecting it to just end there but instead you agreed. If someone were to ask you "why" you would just say something along the lines of, "he was just too fun to hang around. We shared a mixture of laughing, then staring into each others faces, and then laughing at that. It would be really easy to get lost in his words."

And that's what happened. You kept conversing till you could see more rays of sunlight peeking from the ground. The conversation you and Michael both had that night was one of the most entertaining moments of your year. You couldn't believe that you didn't even remember his name even though you've seen him around.

Oh, and he was also insanely attractive, but that was just your opinion. You still couldn't believe you missed it.

_____________________________________________________

You walked into your bathroom with a smirk still smeared on your face and looked up at the mirror. You did some random poses to express your pure happiness with a fully-empty slushie cup still glued to your hand. During your mini celebration though, something hit you.

Now you were fully flushed but this time, it wasn't from a little mistake you made. You needed to confirm one thing right then and there. So you stuck your tongue out slowly, bracing for an answer.

Purple.