six

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND RAPE, AND OTHER POSSIBLY TRIGGERING STUFF, READ AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE.
----

Crows shrieked above the car parked at the top of the street of Mingyu’s house. Inside, bundled up in padding jackets, air conditioner heat blowing at their faces, sat Jeonghan and Onyx, focused on the monitor in front of them. The night clouds brought rain along, which was rather inconvenient for their third day on the watch. Onyx yawned, resting against the headset with her eyes closed. Jeonghan chewed on sour candy strips, as he rotated the view of the camera. Everything was still the same, the stalker inside the van was still there, and ever since they planted the bug earlier - using the time the man took off to relieve himself - the only sound heard was static from his movement and the random thuds here and there.

Hours passed by, the moon took its place right above them, casting beams across the car hood. Onyx would’ve almost dozed off, if it wasn’t for the sudden rise in the volume of the static. The gruffy voice of Bob The Stalker alarmed both of them and they fixed on their headphones to listen.

“Hey man, I don’t think the guy’s home. The lights are on and all, but something’s off, and he hasn’t come out for three days since I’ve last seen him, and even before that, he was absent for far too long.”

“Bob’s suspicious of our beloved Mingyu,” Jeonghan smiled mischeivously, “finally we’re getting some action.”

“Should I check?...Okay, I’m going in.”

Jeonghan motioned to Onyx to exit the car immediately. This was their signal. They dropped everything and went down the street, carefully sprinting between houses. They watched the man, burly and large, walk towards the door of Mingyu’s house, fiddling with the lock before it broke and he went in. Onyx motioned to Jeonghan to move closer, until each of them took a side beside the door.

“Joshua, it’s time to go fishing,” she said to the earpiece.

“Copy that.”

They heard noises inside, the realization curses and banging doors. Onyx let out a deep breath slowly, taking out a knife. Jeonghan, on the other side was holding a baton, swinging it once on standby.

Oblivious, the man came jogging out of the door. Jeonghan smacked him once up the head with the baton, making him waver on his feet. Onyx kicked him behind the knees, dropping him to the floor, before pressing a chloroform soaked cloth against his respiratory entryways. The struggling man grasped against the porch mat, trying to raise himself up only to be stopped by Jeonghan pinning him on the ground by his foot, losing all consciousness. Onyx ran uphill to get their car, driving it full speed down to the house. She took out zip ties and strapped them tight around the blacked-out man’s wrist and feet and covered his eyes with a cloth. The chloroform should keep him out until they returned to headquarters. They lifted him up, heaving up his weight, shoving him inside the car on the back seat. Jeonghan got into the driver’s seat, buckling up. Onyx scanned the area quickly before grabbing the camera and the bug they placed and jumping into the passenger’s seat.

_____

He smiled against his mask; finally the fun has begun. Joshua dropped the book he was fake reading. Fortunately for him, his target chose to change his parking spot for a better view of the university, since he reported seeing a man resmebling Mingyu enter the campus, when in fact Mingyu never left the residence. The car was parked in an alley, hidden behind a large potted tree. Joshua casually strolled into the alley, talking on the phone, before he stuck his large, leather-gloved hand in the opened car window and pressed a cloth against the man’s mouth forcefully.

“Shhh, love, a few seconds and we’ll be done.”

The stalker struggled against his hold, grasping Joshua’s arm, the muscles in his neck tightening. His instincts kicked in, causing him to take deeper breaths only to end up gulping more of the toxin and completely collapsing. Joshua flicked his wrist, shrugging away the pain forming from the man’s hold. He sent his location to Onyx.