Ch 14 Duality

Later that night around 4 am, Ben woke up. He was confused, why was he up so early? He never woke up this early. Matt was fast asleep. Ben got up to get some water. Something weird happened next.

Ben began to feel weird and something came over him. His vision began to blur. He started to feel detached from his body, like he was becoming someone else. This other entity was clawing to get to the surface and take control of Ben, to push him to the back of his mind. His eyes started glowing blue and blue energy emerged from his hands.

(Ben is exhibiting split personality disorder. When his powers manifest, he is someone else. This will not always be the case, Ben will gain control of this alter ego with time. The name of the alter ego is Blizzard. Ben/Blizzard specialize in magic abilities and controlling ice. Think of them like a mix of scarlet witch and killer frost.)

Blizzard took over Ben's mind. The cup of water Blizzard was holding immediately froze. He crushed the glass cup in his hands. The room suddenly became very cold. Icicles began to form on the ceiling and the windows became covered in frost. Blizzard let out an evil chuckle. He was finally free, and now he wanted to go out and have some fun.

Blizzard manipulated an icicle from the ceiling and hurled it at a window in the kitchen. He used his hands to create a vortex of wind and he flew out the window.

Matt heard a window shatter and immediately woke up. He reached to feel for Ben and noticed Ben wasn't next to him. Matt could feel the cold air, it was colder than usual. He was shivering. He put on a sweater and slippers and went to investigate what happened. Matt arrived in the kitchen and he heard crunching of glass on the floor. Wind was blowing from the broken window. Matt could hear something on the ceiling. He got a step stool and to see what was on the ceiling. It felt cold and pointy, he felt around the object and it was in the shape of a triangle. Icicles? Matt thought to himself. How did those get there? Matt figured it must have been Ben since he was missing. Matt quickly went to put on his black mask and suit and go look for Ben.

Matt went to the roof and listened for Ben. He heard someone at the pier. He could hear the crackling of ice. He went to the pier to investigate what was happening.

When he arrived, it was very cold. The ground was slippery. Matt could hear someone laughing.

"Who's there?" Matt said.

Blizzard turned around.

"Well well well, look who's here! Hey Matty. It's so nice to finally meet you." Blizzard said.

"Ben? Is that you? You've never called me Matty. What are you doing?" Matt asked.

"My name isn't Ben it's Blizzard. Ben is taking a little vacation. I'm taking over while he's gone. I finally get to know what it's like to be alive. I'm going to make the most of it by making an ice castle on this body of water. I will put this whole city in a state of permanent freeze. You better not get in my way." Blizzard replied.

Matt was confused. Did Ben have an alter ego? Was he aware of what was going on?

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that Blizzard. I protect this city and I will stop you." Matt said.

"Well you can try. Think you can catch me?" Blizzard said.

Blizzard's eyes lit up blue, cold winds began to surround him and allowed him to fly. He created icicles and threw them at Matt. Matt ran for cover. How was he supposed to catch Blizzard if he was flying? Matt had never fought someone who could fly. Luckily Matt had his baton on him. He extended it and would use the rope to get Blizzard.

"Where are you Matty? Don't you want to come out and play?" Blizzard said sarcastically.

Blizzard became annoyed and started blasting the boats near the pier.

He was distracted so Matt slowly creeped towards Blizzard. When he got close enough he threw the baton at his leg and pulled him down.

Blizzard fell and landed on his back. He was disoriented. Matt got on top of him.

"Ben I know you're in there. Please come back to me. Stop this, this isn't you."

Matt kissed Blizzard and slowly Ben came back. His eyes stopped glowing and the ice around them melted.

"What's going on? Where are we Matt?" Ben asked.

"We're at the pier. Apparently you have an alter ego named Blizzard. Do you not remember anything?" Matt asked.

"No...I can't remember anything. All I remember is that I was getting a glass of water and I felt dizzy and the rest is a blur." Ben explained.

Matt and Ben went home quickly. They heard police sirens coming. They took the roofs to get home. They stayed on the roof of their apartment and watched the sun come up. Ben described what it looked like to Matt. They held hands the whole time. Matt started thinking about Ben and his alter ego. He was worried, how often would this happen? Is it only at night? Now Matt had to make sure to keep Ben close to him. He can't have his other half terrorizing the city.

Ben and Matt kissed. They started laughing together. They went back inside Matt's apartment. Once they got inside they couldn't keep their hands off each other. They started kissing more passionately. They went into the kitchen and Matt picked up Ben and put him on the counter. Matt and Ben took off their shirts. Ben traced his finger on Matt's lips and Matt opened his mouth. Ben moaned and started breathing harder. Matt started to play with Ben's nipples and lick them. Ben's eyes glowed up blue. The glass on the floor started to float. Ben got startled.

"What's happening?" Matt asked.

"The shards of broken glass on the floor from the window are floating. I don't know how I'm doing it." Ben replied.

Ben's hands became surrounded in blue energy. He motioned his hands towards the broken window. He pulled the glass that was outside on the fire escape as well. The glass slowly moved and was put back together. It was like the window never broke. It was good as new.

"Matt I fixed the window! It looks brand new now!" Ben exclaimed.

"That's great Ben. I didn't know you could do that." Matt said.

"Me neither. I should start training so I can be like you, I don't know where I would even start though." Ben said.

Matt chuckled.

"Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. You're still new to all this. You should focus on controlling mister Blizzard first." Matt said.

"Yeah maybe you're right. But wouldn't it be cool to have a partner to go on missions with? I could help you and keep you safe. I don't ever wanna find you half dead in an alley again." Ben replied.

Matt started to wonder. It would be nice to have a partner. Like he did with Elektra. Maybe Matt and Ben could train together. They could start with some boxing moves like Matt used to do back in the day. Matt wondered how he could help Ben with his telekinesis and other abilities. He doesn't know anyone else with those abilities, how could he properly train Ben if he didn't have powers like that to help him?

Matt felt a drop of water land on his nose. Ben noticed and looked up.

"Is the ceiling leaking?" Ben asked.

"No, you made icicles earlier. Or Blizzard did I
guess. They really added some life to my apartment, I'm gonna miss the icicles." Matt said jokingly.

Ben laughed and kissed Matt. Ben waved his hand and the water from the floor and ceiling began to move. Ben put the water into the sink. He was surprised that he was able to learn how to use some of his abilities so quickly.

Matt and Ben continued to kiss and then had to get ready for work. Ben decided it was time to get back to his old routine. He went to the bar with Matt.