4

Request: "Can you do a fic where gideon is spencer's dad and he abandoned him as a kid and morgan is reid's half brother?"

"He is not going to live with you" Derek tells Gideon, looking him directly into the eyes,

"It's not your decision to make."

"Yours neither." Derek argues and looks over to Spencer sitting on the couch in the conference room, wearing his headphones while reading a book, "You have no idea how to help him, he is not going to stay with you, I am not going to let that happen."

"He doesn't need help anymore." Gideon insists, "It will just be until he has enough money saved up to live alone."

"If you really think that, then you are even more unqualified than I thought. He will stay with me and he is going to get the help he needs and I will have a long chat with him, if this is the right place for him to work at."

"He made this decision."

"To be close to his father!" Derek yells, "He is terrified of many people, he hates anything blood related, he is frightened of guns and what he hates most is traveling so please tell me how the hell you think this is a decision we should let him have."

///

Fran remembers the day better than any other day. The day she flew down to Vegas not even ten hours after her husband's passing. She would have never been fine with someone else telling Hank's son, that he had with another woman while they were on a break, what had happened over the phone.

She loves the kid, he often has been around. He would spend his holidays with them and his breaks with his half-sisters. She can't deny that even though in the beginning, she had felt so much betrayal, she started to love the kid like her own.

So when she saw the living conditions the boy was in, her heart melted. Especially when she saw the toddler walking around with his brown curly hair and his hazel eyes staring up at her. Of course she knew about Spencer. Derek would talk about him all day long when he would visit her.

"I need to ask you something." Derek had come into her room, late in the night of the funeral.

"What is it, sweetheart?" He had crawled on her bed and she had immediately covered him with her thick blanket, keeping him warm, "You can ask me anything."

"I heard you talking to aunt Jess."

"Oh honey-" Jessica is a lawyer, she had pulled her aside at the funeral to discuss options, she had a feeling that bringing Derek back to Vegas is not what she should do to a child. She had no doubt Diana loves the boys, she had witnessed that, but she knew from Hank that she is sick, that with her new husband on the verge of leaving the boys would be alone with her.

"If you are going to take me from my mom-"

"I would have never done this behind your back-"

"I just need you to take Spencer too." He had interrupted her, "Spencer is sick and needs help. And I don't want to live with my mom anymore, she is sick too and she scares me. She sometimes locks us into the kitchen closet and sometimes she acts like everything is okay. And Spencer's dad is never there, he is working, I am sure he wouldn't mind."

"I am not sure if that is possible."

"Can you try? I am not going to leave Spencer with Mom."

"I will try my best, okay? We will call Aunt Jess in the morning and you tell her what you told me."

"What would happen to Mom?"

"She just needs help from doctors. She is not in any trouble, okay? We will find something that she likes for her."