6

Prompt: "Come here, I will fix it"

Uncomfortable the team watches Gideon and Spencer. Their newest addition to the team is sitting not far from the conference room on the ground, holding something in his hand they cant quite make out but his face is full of panic, looking at Gideon in terror as the man has his hands soothingly raised, trying to talk to his protegee.

"Hotch, what's going on?" Derek questions skeptically,

"I am not sure"

"He seems pretty upset" JJ points out,

"Did something happen?" Elle chimes in, a file in her hand, "What happened with Spencer?"

"Lets focus on the case" Hotch speaks up, "Please"

"Well Spencer seems like he is not going to focus any time soon" Worried Garcia looks over to them where he is breaking out into a sob, still holding the item in his hand, "Oh sweetheart"

Hotch and Gideon had told them about Spencer's autism when he joined the team, wanting them to give a chance to understand but also let them know that they wont tolerate any form of discrimination and that they expect the team to adapt to their newest member just like they adapt to each other. Their team being their own little puzzle that slightly changes everytime someone new comes in, giving everybody the space to be their own. They wanted the team to not shy away from this and so far they haven't but they noticed the hesitance in some moments, the not knowing.

"You need to let me see in order to help you" Gideon speaks calmly, trying to pry it out of Spencer's hand but he pulls away, whining in the process before getting up the ground, Gideon following him shortly and rushing back into the room. Tears running down his face as he looks at them for a moment and for the first time they can see that he is holding his tangle, broken into two pieces, so it seems, before Derek speaks up first.

"Come here, I will fix it" He speaks in a calm voice and Spencer clings to it like a lifeline, walking with fast steps towards him before placing it into his hand. The elements of it are green and blue, originally there was a little whale attached to it but he had found that to childish so he had taken that element out and placed it in his nightstand. Not baring to throw it away. "Okay pretty boy, this looks good, we can fix this in no time." Derek assures him, taking the two broken elements out as Spencer watchis him, his sobs turning into sniffles, "See, now we can just click it back together"

"Click it back together?" Spencer asks hopeful, looking up to Derek through his teary eyelashes.

"Yes, just like this" Derek demonstrates it for him before the tangle already gets ripped out of his hands,

"Fixed it, fixed it, fixed it" Spencer whispers as he turns it in his hands,

"Is it right?" Derek questions hesitantly,

"Yes" Spencer mutters, wiping a tear away from his cheek, "yes, yes, good now"

"I am glad to hear that" For a moment the room falls into silence, Spencer playing with his tangle while Gideon looks at Derek, being thankful for solving this but the man lovingly looks down on his new colleague, watching him turn the toy in his hands over and over again before gifting him a satisfied nod and walking back over to Gideon,

"Say thank you" Gideon reminds him with a fond smile as he gets shown the tangle,

"Oh, thank you Agent Morgan!"

"Of course, you can come to me for stuff like that all the time" Derek tells him while passing by, ruffling his hair ones before leaving the room leaving Spencer to sort his hair out again while muttering how that was unnecessary, much to the amusement of the rest of the team who will make sure to leave their hands of his hair in the future. As well as his tangle.