New Journey New Friends

"WHY IS IT SO HOT!" shouted Amelia as she wiped the sweat off her head.

She was panting as she dragged her feet up the seemingly endless hill as her furry friend looked up at her, saying its name in concern.

"I'm okay Eevee," she panted, "I just need to make it up this hill and it'll all be good."

Eevee gave her an encouraging chirp but was interrupted by the loud sound of buzzing. Amelia and Eevee looked at each other in confusion.

"That sounds a lot like Beedrills," Amelia said worriedly.

She never had any good experiences with Beedrill. She never had good experiences with bug-type pokemon in general but she was especially scared of Beedrills. When she was 6 years old, she was on a class trip and they went on a hike in the mountains. She got separated from the group but found a lovely flower bed. However, when she picked one of the flowers, a swarm of aggressive Beedrill attacked her, forever embedding the fear of bug-type pokemon in her.

"I think we should try to find another way," Amelia laughs nervously as agreed with a sweatdrop.

As they turned to find another route, they heard a loud cry of fear coming from the same place the Beedrill were.

"Did you hear that Eevee?" Amelia said seriously, "I think a pokemon is in trouble. We should go check it out."

Eevee nodded in agreement.

They both walked up the hill and when they made it to the top, they saw a swarm of Beedrill surrounding what looked like a small ball of fluff.

"Hey!"

The Beedrill turn their heads to see who interrupted them.

"Eevee use Swift!" Amelia shouted as she pointed at the pokemon.

Eevee leaped into the sky, releasing a shower of stars that hit all of the Beedrill. As the Beedrill were distracted, Amelia and Eevee ran towards the small pokemon that the Beedrill were attacking.

When the Beedrill finally calmed down, they turned back to their victim, only to find Amelia and Eevee blocking them from it.

The Beedrill screeched before using Gust on them.

"Eevee use Protect!"

Eevee created a barrier around her trainer and the small, injured pokemon. However, the Beedrill kept attacking till no end.

Amelia looked up and realized that Eevee's protect won't last much longer.

"Eevee come here."

Amelia grabbed her pokemon along with the injured one and tucked them both under her, using her body to shield the two from the Beedrill.

Eevee shouted in concern as her trainer continued protecting them from the onslaught of attacks.

"I'm okay Eevee, just stay still. It'll be over soon. I promise I'll protect you," Amelia whispered.

The injured pokemon was barely conscious, but as it heard Amelia's, it felt a warm feeling in its chest.

After a while, the Beedrill became tired and flew away.

Amelia lifted her body and checked on the two small pokemon below her.

"Are you guys okay?" she said with a small smile.

Eevee nodded and nuzzled its head into her hand.

Amelia looked down at the injured pokemon, finally being able to look at it clearly.

The pokemon was quite small. The same size as Eevee. It looked as if it were a flying type pokemon because it had a pair of wings. Its round body was covered in mud and its wings were featherless, also covered in mud.