Poetry Contest

A week before the contest had past.
A rose-red ink circled around the date, February 13.

You woke up at 4am to get ready for the contest.
Nervousness and excitement mixed up like beverages in your head.

You frantically searched for a formal clothing,Valentine themed for the upcoming event after the contest.

You stood straight with confidence from the backstage as you waited for the other contestants finish their performance.

You gently pushed the vibrant red curtain to glance at the audience you were about to perform in.
A familiar silhouette caught your eye as if it towered amongst all the other audiences.

"Camilo? Doesn't he have classes right now?" You murmured to yourself as you concealed yourself behind the curtains.

"Thank you for the lovely performance, Daisy!"

You're next!

"And for our 7th contestant, Y/N
Y/L/N!" The man announced as he slid away from the middle of the stage to make way.

You nervously marched to the mic stand.
There stood Camilo from the audience.
He had attended?

The boy jumped and cheered the moment the spotlights turned on.

You cleared your throat and took a deep breath.

The cheers from the crowd made you feel both anxious and excited.
You tapped the mic and nervously spoke.

You patiently performed the lovely poem with elegance and formality word by word.
Your majestic performance received claps and cheers from the lovely audience.

"Thank you for your Lovely Performance, Y/N" The man shook your hand and bowed at you

"You can go rest now" He whispered off mic and gestured you to the backstage.
You politely nodded and enthusiastically walked off the stage.

You screamed with joy the moment you had left the spotlights.

A tight hug welcomed you at the backstage.
"Congratulations Mi amor" your mom slid her hand into your jawline to touch your face as she smiled and looked at you with proudness.

Your dad clapped and congratulated your performance.

"That was a lovely performance Bonita, but, we have to go now. Our boss only gave us such a few time. Plus, why were you the 7th, we could've stayed longer if you were the first" your mom hesitantly slid her fingers off of your face.

She fixed her dress and was about to leave but she ran back and kissed you a lot on the cheek

"Mom!!" You giggled as you gently brushed her arms off
"Bye sweetie"
"Bye mom" you blew a goodbye kiss to your mom before you sat down on a stool.

Camilo Rushed over to you with open arms.
His curly hair bouncing at every step.
He jumped at you and hugged you tight

"You were so good Mariposa" He smiled as he gently backed off but keeping his arms on you.
"You're so talented"

What's going on? Why's he suddenly like this? Is something up? You thought to yourself.

Camilo noticed how you're just stood still with a blank stare and immediately took his hands off of you
"oh I- I'm sorry I just uh-" He nervously smiled and looked at you.

You shook your head, snapping you back in to reality.
"I- it's fine I just snapped out but uh don't you have classes?" You ran a hand through your hair as you snickered

"Mira told me you were performing today so we went to see you" He smiled ecstatically

You glanced behind Camilo trying to see if Mira was with him
"She's on her way here" Camilo assured.

A panting figure stood by the backstage door.
Her hair was pinned to the ground and her body would fall down if she looses her grip from the doorframe.

She tilted her head up, flipping her hair.
She pushed her glasses back to a comfortable place above her nose and smiled

"Y/N! Sorry for the late arrival, Camilo didn't wait for me" she panted.

Camilo snickered and assisted his cousin over to you.

Mira immediately cocooned you in her arms tightly
"Oh my god Y/N your performance was a blast" she chuckled.

"Thank you guys so much. Y'all really missed class to watch me?" You politely tilted your head with a smile full of appreciation
"Of course! It's Valentine's anyways! I mean, tomorrow" she chuckled

"So where'd y'all wanna go?" Camilo asked.

"You're not attending afternoon classes?" You asked.
Mira rested a hand on your shoulder
"We already skipped class for you, let's enjoy this day" she smiled.
"So, where do you wanna go?" She added, smirking.

"Let's go to the Carnival" you replied with excitement
"Sure! Let's go!" Camilo slid your bag into his shoulder
"No I can ca-" You tried to grab the bag but he insisted
"You're the princess of the day, let me carry it"

"Do you want to be carried too?" Mirabel joked, pushing you to Camilo with a teasing smirk.
"No I can walk" you said as you jokingly attempted to jump on Mirabel's back

"Go ask your boyfriend to carry you, not me." She sped up leaving you both behind

The three of you went to the Carnival and went on different rides.
It was a fun day!

"Stay there, Imma go get cotton candies" Camilo ordered as he walked away to the small stand.

Mirabel tapped your shoulder, stealing your focus on Camilo.
She slid a pink envelope to your hand
"It's a Valentine Card, give it to Camilo" she chuckled and refused to take it back

"No Mira I- I can't I mean I don't-" you stuttered, unsure of what to say
"Okay then give it to him when you guys are together" she teased and nudged you

"What? No no we we are just-"
"Friends? Sure." She playfully rolled her eyes and laughed at your flustered expression.

"If it's not my Primo, is it C-" you gently shoved her face away
"Not a chance" you snorted and rolled your eyes.

"Make up your mind" Camilo blankly said as he handed out the cotton candies.

"How long have you been there?" Mirabel asked
"Eh? Maybe 5 seconds ago" he sat beside you and Mirabel kept teasing you.

______________________________________
Hello I have a tiktok where I make encanto contents. I make both arts and edits and sh*tposts💪

There's a few non encanto contents there but you can ignore it if you want.

Eh if you want to follow me, my @ is
.LzLzY