Chapter 39

"Good morning, I'm Mr Tussaint, your Highness." Léos dad bowed. He was a tall well built man. He looked maybe 38 not old looking actually quite handsome. He looked very similar to Maddi. He had Léos eyes though. He scared me in a way that I knew he could throw me off a cliff with his little pinky. But also he seemed powerful. He seemed so put together.
"Good morning, sir." I smiled
"Where are you going?" He asked pulling the same face as Léo did when he was confused. His accent wasn't as strong as I was expecting, he clearly learnt American English over British English though.
"Home." I said simply
"Already? I thought you were staying for the weekend?"
"Its complicated."
"In what way?"
"I'm marrying Eleanor." I told him.
"And Léo likes you?"
"Hmm." I nodded.
"But you like him too?" Am I that easy to read?
"I'm sorry, sir. I'm leaving now."
"Type, sorry Prince, um my son is-"
"He's a great person." I interrupted "but I can't be here."
"This seems sudden."
"It is."
"Is this your dramatic exit." He said trying to make a joke and in a different situation I would have laughed.
"I'm having my terrible movie moment yeah. But I get it now. I can't be here. He wants something that I can't give him." I said all at once. I never thought I would be that person in my love story.

"I don't understand my son, so I can't speak much on his behalf but from your reaction I think you should think this over a little."
"No." He wanted me to break his heart, thats what I'm doing. I have El, I don't need him. I don't.
"Prince Type, I respect you but Léo is my son and if you do or don't feel something for him he deserves to hear it from you. Think again don't leave."
"Mr Tussaint, please hold back from telling me what to do." I said in my royal voice "Its not my responsibility to deal with your son okay? We're friends nothing more and I apologise if he got lead on, okay?"
"Prince-"
"Now please, I'm leaving."
"Of course your Highness." He said finally stepping out of the way.
"Don't tell him I'm sorry."
"Yes your Highness."
"I don't want him back at my house either."
"What about the wedding?"
"He can stay somewhere else." I turned away telling him the conversation was over.

It was always gonna end like this. I didn't get too deep with him but I did like him. He was different. I got to experience what it would be like to feel loved, almost idolised by someone. Maybe I'll have that with Eleanor. We'll marry and be happy, everyone is gonna be happy.

I kissed him before I left. Not a kiss kiss, just a kiss on his cheek. He was asleep. I didn't want to see his heart break. I don't think I could leave other wise. Maybe he was right about me. I was always going to break his heart. I really thought I wasn't. And our relationship hasn't developed that much, right? The fashion show, the dates, our first kiss. It wasn't a relationship. It was friends that kiss. That's all. Friends that kiss.

I went onto our tiktok account and posted one last video. It wasn't a crazy goodbye video. It was a draft of us laughing and dancing. I captioned it with 'Pas peur.' Obviously people can read it, French isn't a hidden language. But only we would really know the meaning. If I was gonna break his heart I might as well do it right. I got into the car with Simon driving me to the airport. I played some dramatic depressing music and left Léo for the first and hopefully last time. I hope he breaks and forgets about me because if I see him again I don't think I can leave again. I don't know if I could do it.

Now I'll marry her, I'll  have a good life. I don't need him. I have her. I've chosen her. I had to choose her.