Chapter 33 ~ My salvation.

~Y/n's POV~

I run out of the ballroom in the hands of Dream, carelessly sprinting through the halls, not giving a single shit in the world. My heels tap on the ground with every step I take, with the red ballgown that follows from behind me like a giant cape.

Dream runs ahead of me, still hand in hand with me. "YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW, YOUNG LADY!" Wil's voice echo's through the castle, but he's nowhere in sight. The profanity continues as we run through the corridors like it'll be our last, but soon fades.

You owe me big time, asshole were his last words before all the noises were drowned out by grunts and even more yelling, but no longer directed at me. I assume the guards have finally gotten to him.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, smiling without even realizing it. "Close your eyes. It's a surprise." He tells me, now facing towards me with a smile that tells me he's excited for whatever surprise he has in store for me.

It's like we've been running through this castle for hours, but I doubt it's even been 5 minutes since we left that hell of a ball. I do as he says, and close my eyes shut as he begins guiding me through the halls once again with his hands planted on both my shoulders.

"I'm scared." I confess, my eyes still shut as I do so. What should I expect? After what happened earlier, I feel like I should expect the worst. "If it makes you feel better..." His breath hits the back of my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "Just know that I would never want anything bad to happen to you."

He helped me, I remind myself. He's the reason my brother isn't yelling at my face. If my face even still exists. "We're here." He whispers like someone else is in here with us. "But keep your eyes shut." He tells me, before I then feel a big gust of wind fanning against me.

It's almost as if a door has been opened, which might've been the case. Dream grabs onto my shoulders again, pushing me along with him and making sure to shut the door behind him. "You may open your eyes now." He whispers again.

I flutter my eyes open, as if I'd just awoken from a deep sleep, to find myself in something magical. Because if that beach Dream took me wasn't already magical enough, then I don't know what is.

He's still behind me as he brings both his arms, wrapping them both around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder like we've done it a thousand times before.

"Welcome to what I promised you." His words vibrate through me from my right shoulder, running down my chest and into my arms, streaming through my veins all the way to my fingertips.

"Welcome to my library." He lets go of my waist, walking ahead of me, and I'm taken back to those two nights. That night he took me to that beach, and that other night he took me into his ballroom. Tonight, on the other hand, is like those two nights rolled into one.

I remember those nights as clear as day. I was speechless, shocked, nervous, but excited. Though right now, I don't know what I feel. I feel like I'm dreaming, and I could be, but do I really want to believe that? Do I really want to believe that none of this is real when it's all I've ever dreamed of since the beginning?

I walk through the room, eyeing the white painted shelves that are taller than Dream. The room is almost as big as the ballroom. I'm only a few feet away from the door, but from the looks of it, the shelves go all the way back to the other end of the room.

"Are you gonna say something?" When I look to my right, I see Dream. His tone is nervous, like he's scared, and probably because I haven't said anything since I stepped foot in this room. "I need air." I tell him flatly, and he immediately nods, walking over to me to grab my hand.