Everything's Going To Be Ok...

You had always been scared of the dark. Ever since you were born you hated the dreadful feeling of not being able to see what's right in front of you, getting lost in a dark abyss that you may never return from.

Suddenly all those frightening thoughts washed over you, filling your head with terrible fears that haunt your memories.

You huddled up right where you were already standing and hid your face in your knees which were now up against your chest, tears falling down your cheeks as you sobbed quietly.

After about five minutes you noticed the lights had turned back on. But not all of them, probably just the security lights?
Whatever they were, they helped calm you down to a point where you could finally collect your thoughts. Even just having the little light that they gave off was calming to you.

You eventually felt safe enough to get up and look around for an adult, just incase someone was still there.

There wasn't.

You felt tears prick at the corners of your eyes as you realized you truly were all alone.

You quickly wiped them away and kept looking around when a thought hit you...

"Wait...maybe Sun can help me! But where did he go?.."

Deciding it was a good idea to look for your animatronic friend you took another look around the daycare center. You checked every corner of the room but Sun was nowhere to be found.

Did he leave too? Why would he need to leave?

Feeling another wave of hopelessness hit you, you walked over into the play area and sat down next to a slide. You figured you'd just have to wait until they opened back up tomorrow...
But tomorrow is a long time from now, and this place is kinda scary at night...

Suddenly, you heard a clicking noise coming from the playplace above you, and it was getting closer. You didn't even wanna look. You just closed your eyes and curled up into a ball, feeling a couple tears track down your face.

You could feel a presence looming over you now but you never looked to see what it was.

"Please...don't hurt me..."

"Y/n? What are still doing here? Where are your parents?"

A familiar voice asked quite gently. You looked up to see Sun standing in front of you, his mechanical head slightly turned to it's side. Even though his expression couldn't change you could tell he seemed somewhat worried.

You, feeling relieved, got up and quickly hugged his leg. He seemed a little confused as he slowly picked you up and held you out in front of him.

"Why haven't your parents come for you? It's way past closing time"

This time you didn't try to hold back your tears, they eventually slipped out one by one and more and more followed after. There was a lump in your throat that just wouldn't go away as you tried to explain...

"My mom never came t-to pick me up and then everyone left *hic* and f-forgot me here!"

Sun seemed surprised by your story then hugged you close and sat down with you in his lap, rocking back and forth in an attempt to calm you down.

"Oh dear...Please don't cry! it's going to be ok. We'll just stay here until morning alright?"

You nodded and muttered out an "okay.."
Your voice cracking in the process. Once you stopped crying you rubbed your eyes, realizing how tired you were.

After a few minutes you felt your eyelids getting heavier and heavier until you couldn't keep them open anymore. Sun was actually quite comfortable to fall asleep on, despite being completely metal.

Just before you drifted off into sleep you heard a hushed voice say...

"Goodnight sunshine, it'll all be ok in the morning.."