𝓞𝓷𝓮

As morning comes, Aubrey's Lycan senses instinctively pry her eyes open to the smell of delicious bacon drifting through the air, she wipes her tired, puffy eyes, she stretches with a loud groan, taking in her everyday surroundings

"My room is a mess" she sighs, getting up and kicking unwashed clothes under the bed then walking to her bathroom to pee and wash up.

Looking in the mirror her eyes stare back at her, one brown while the other a clear blue, with drooping bags she sighs as she begins her morning routine.

Dawdling down the staircase after a much needed pep talk to herself in the mirror to sort her shit out, her eyes are almost closing again, shuffling and clatters of cutlery are heard from the kitchen, and as she enters her dad displays a feast before her.

"Good morning my beloved daughter! Breakfast is ready!!" Her father Kieran chimes cheerfully as he sets out two plates.

"Morning Dad.." Aubrey breathed out, taking in the vast array of breakfast items laid out before her.

"What are your plans today? Winter Solstice begins tomorrow, are you excited?" He beams, his broad shoulders raising slightly as a small chuckle leaves his chest.

"Pretty excited" She smiles thinking of the one person she wants to spend her Solstice with as she dishes herself some butter lathered toast.

"Binding yourself to someone might not happen overnight. So don't be disheartened if he's not the one" Her dad commented, his eyes softening slightly as he looks down on her.

"Who?!" She gasps, her eyes shooting up to look up at him like an embarrassed teen.

"Namjoon of course, I see the way he looks at you my beautiful daughter"

Aubrey's cheeks grow red as her father talks about the one guy she wants to be the one. Bonding with Namjoon has been in the back of her mind since she's about to come of age during the Solstice.

It is illegal for any Lycan female to breed or bond under the age of 20 years old, many attend the Winter solstice to find the one, their forever partner.
The Winter solstice festival is held in the mountain forests, the ancestral home and holy temple of the Lycans reside there, and it's finally her time to attend.

Namjoon is the local hottie...he is big, broad and beautiful with an innocent dimpled smile, it melts Aubrey to mush every time she sees him.

Even though he is 23 he hadn't found his soulmate yet, he had been going to the solstice festival for the last three years and still had no bond. Aubrey hopes that she would be the one, his one and only. It was no secret that Namjoon had been courting the Lycan princess, everyone in the village had seemed to already have come to terms with the fact that Aubrey was essentially spoken for. This and the fact that Namjoon had reached far into maturity without a mate only made the butterflies in her stomach dance harder as she thought of the possibility of him being the one for her.