III - WE'RE BEING PUNKED, PEDRO

   Once they were certain that Hope, Mira, Elliot, and Grace were okay, Audrey and Elijah left town that same evening to head home to France. They'd both had a word with Alaric about how upset he'd made Hope, and Audrey made it clear that if it were to happen again, she would be involving Caroline in getting it dealt with. Hope had yet to tell any of her cousins the full story of what had happened with Landon in the woods, all three of them able to easily tell that she was still keeping secrets. 

   But they also knew better than to push her, and just hoped she'd come to them when she was ready. The next morning, the two eldest Mikaelsons and the Saltzman twins all had Dorian's class together, one of the few classes Mira dreaded each week. It always ended with her caught in the middle between the three, Hope wanting her to take her side against whatever insults were thrown at her, Lizzie and Josie expecting her to do the same for any insults thrown against them. 

   She just hoped for one class, they'd manage to get through it without any incidents.

   "Alright, gather together." Dorian instructed them all, getting the students to sit together in a circle on the floor for the practical lesson he'd planned. Mira ended up sitting beside her cousin, the Saltzman twins sat across from them, muttering and whispering to one another as they normally did. "Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch." He paused, raising a brow as he glanced around the room. "Where's Penelope Park?"

   "Uh, lady cramps, Mr. Williams." Lizzie answered with a wicked smile.

   Dorian shuffled awkwardly where he stood, Mira and Hope both unable not to roll their eyes at Lizzie's answer. "Sorry I asked." He cleared his throat, attempting to get them back on track with the lesson at hand. "A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow."

   Instantly, childish snickers filled the room at his choice of words, and cracked a slight smile as she locked eyes with Josie, the two making one another laugh. Hope sat beside her with a bored expression, not in the slightest bit impressed. Dorian just watched them all and shook his head with a sigh, at this point not even surprised. Before he could try to continue, a note came levitating into the room toward him, and everyone had been at the school long enough to know what it meant. A summons to see the headmaster, meaning someone was in trouble with Doctor Saltzman. 

   "Uh-oh. Who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie mused, as Mr. Williams grabbed the floating paper to read.

   Hope looked at the twins flatly, her gaze mostly on Lizzie. "Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school."

   "Don't say that." Mira mumbled with a sigh. "I was also apart of that, remember?"

   "Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman." Dorian read out the names listed, making the twins faces drop instantly. "Mira Mikaelson." He continued, and Mira closed her eyes with another sigh, even though she'd been expecting it. "And baby makes four." He looked at Hope last, who looked surprised, both Lizzie and Josie eyeing her with surprise and curiosity. "Off you go."