The guilt of the Regressor Chapter 2

Blood trickled slowly through the wound of Kim Dokja as the sword which was held by Yoo Joonghyuk pierced the other Companion, the hands of the Regressor slightly trembled as he gripped the sword with his scarred, rough hands.

Kim Dokja looked solemnly at Yoo Joonghyuk and had eyes that reflected the pained expression which the Regressor wore on his handsome face, those brilliant black eyes carried the light of multiple stars and universes as the owner of those eyes had a look of relief.

...

The sword that would end Kim Dokja's life was the Heavenly Sword of Gathering Clouds. Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi, it was the very sword that was obtained from Yamata no Orochi in Peace Land.

Kim Dokja laughed.

It sounded hollow.

Yoo Joonghyuk's arms wrapped strongly around the body of the dying Kim Dokja who was painfully bleeding out onto the ground, large wings and midnight black horns protruded out of the body of Yoo Joonghyuk's light and star during the apocalypse.

The man who saved him during the Theater Dungeon.

The man who sacrificed himself during the confrontation of 41st Shin Yoosung.

The man who had also died before as the strongest incarnation of Seoul yet revived.

The man who brought hope and salvation for the regressor.

The man who was Yoo Joonghyuk's one and only Companion.

A panel of blue appeared above the two.

[Your fate has been realized]

Yoo Joonghyuk's eyes threatened to spill out tears.

The body of Kim Dokja quickly started to decrease as the regressor clutched Kim Dokja even closer to his heart.

Yoo Joonghyuk shouted at the man who started to lose the light in their eyes.

"Kim Dokja."

Yoo Joonghyuk's rough voice wavered.

"KIM DOKJA!"

No words described what agonizing pain was felt in Yoo Joonghyuk's heart.

"KIM DOKJA!"

Yoo Joonghyuk placed his head against the crook of Kim Dokja's neck as crystalline tears slowly leaked out of his eyes while his brows furrowed. The breaths of Kim Dokja were shallow as his complexion paled even more than how pale he already was original, strands of hair covered the face of Kim Dokja while Yoo Joonghyuk desperately clung on to the dying man.

'I should have died here.'

Yoo Joonghyuk wanted to speak to the dying man but any words he wanted to say were clogged up in his throat.

'Kim Dokja is necessary for this world.'

Yoo Joonghyuk felt a pang of deep guilt.

'WhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhyWhy.'

A rage swirled inside Yoo Joonghyuk as misery took over once more.

Kim Dokja's once starlit eyes dulled.

Kim Dokja opened his mouth and the attention of Yoo Joonghyuk quickly focused once more, blood flowed out of the corner of his mouth.

"Lets meet again, Yoo Joonghyuk."

Those were the last words spoken by the Demon King as a black void opened and started to 

"KIM DOKJA! NO! KIM DOKJA!"

Kim Dokja was gone.

________________________________________________________________________________

Notes: HEHE ANGST >:)))

Written by: JLMAA/Jess

Words in this chapter: 495