Prologue

If you're new to my stories, normally I put a gif before each chapter, a quote that'll be said, and the outfit my MC is wearing. Just to help y'all vividly see the story in your minds better. And when it comes to the outfit ... no. The hair color is not changing. It's only the style .. don't pay attention to the color. Sometimes, I can't find gifs so I have to resort to pictures ..

And no. Lily doesn't have tattoos .. it's just from the Tv show Katherine was on that I took the gifs from

-

"One thing I can't stand, is a child who can't sleep at night because of the monsters under her bed or in her closet

"One thing I can't stand, is a child who can't sleep at night because of the monsters under her bed or in her closet."

- The Doctor

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

June, 1993
London, England

RAINY DAYS WERE COMMON IN ENGLAND. Brits are used to the mud, murk and puddles that came with an average summer shower. For it to be raining on their first day of summer break, it didn't seem to damper Lily and Rose's joyous moods. There they walked on either side of their mum, holding her hands, splashing their wellies in puddles along the pavement.

Their mum, Jacqueline Tyler (Jackie for short), tugged them along into the direction of the London Museum. There was a special for school children for this day and this day only. The girls would be granted free admission when they brought in their school's identification cards, which Jackie had safely tucked away inside her handbag. As they ascended the stairs towards the front doors and entered, Lily noticed, for some unknown reason, her heartbeat started to quicken.. However, the eleven-year-old ignored it the moment she fully entered the lobby.

As Jackie stepped up to the front desk to receive their tickets, Lily stood at her side and looked around at her surroundings. Lily was an avid daydreamer, losing herself in her thoughts and dreams of what could be. For example, the entrance made Lily felt as though she stepped into a cathedral-high ceilings and raindrops trickling onto vast windows. Lily could, so vividly, envision her feet lifting off the floor. Flying through the air as if she was the character from a favorite childhood book. Lily could almost feel the ridges of the ceiling design. Like she could reach out and–