2 - Lily (Part I)

Re-writing this story have awoken a realization in me- out of all my ocs .. I see the most of me in Lily <3

Also - be prepared for gifs to be reused a lot

-

"Wilson, it's Lily!"

- Lily Carter

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Later that Same Night

LILY WAS A CREATURE OF HABIT and it wasn't something she was proud of. Wake up, get dressed, have tea, work, lunch, work, catch the bus to go home- Monday to Friday, every week of the year. She had started at Henrik's right out of school to help fund her publishing dreams. Nearly six years later, she was still there folding shirts and earning minimum wage. Lily let out a yawn as she continued folding shirts. Glancing at the wall clock she noticed that they were now an hour past closing. The manager kept the store open longer that day in hopes of earning more money during a sale. They finally checked out the last customer and were now finishing up their closing tasks.

Lily's assigned task that night was folding the mound of shirts that visitors botched up in the heat of getting the best deal. What felt like forever, Lily had lifted up the final shirt to fold but halted as the color stood out to her. It was a shade of blue so deep she could only refer to it as 'TARDIS blue.' Running the tips of her thumbs over the material, she started to recall using that description numerous times in her writing. She could hear the noise- feel the wind pick up as if the box was materializing right in front of her.

"Lily Carter."

Her eyes shot up and found them focusing forward at a man. He was blonde in a tan suit with red accents and a stalk of celery clipped on- his shoulder leaning against that beautiful blue box. Arms crossed and a smirk donned his lips as he watched her with calculating eyes. "What are you waiting for?"