Calum Has The Flu

A week before Christmas Calum woke up feeling like crap, they were just finishing up their tour in England then they were heading home for Christmas. He had a fever, he was sweating and his nose was stuffy and runny. He had a bad headache so he went to leave his bed to find some medicine, he went to stand up but he felt a little dizzy so he had to sit down until it passed. After the feeling went away he got up and walked to the bathroom, he went to open the cabinet when he saw his reflection, his eyes slightly red and he had dark circles under them, his nose was red as well as his cheeks because of his fever. He opened the cabinet door and grabbed the cold/flu meds then went to the kitchen to get a glass of water to swallow them down, he couldn't take them on an empty stomach though so he made himself toast. When he was done eating he took the pills and went to go find his bandmates, he looked in all the rooms of the hotel but couldn't find them, he was about to text them asking where they were but he saw a note on the fridge. 'Michael, Luke, and I went to an interview, we went to wake you but saw how sick you looked so we let you sleep and told management. We'll be back in an hour, we hope you feel better soon. -Ash' Calum made himself some tea with honey seeing as his throat was starting to hurt, he coughed a couple of times as he was walking back to his room. He put his tea on the nightstand and laid back down in his bed leaning against the headboard, he turned the tv on and found a movie to watch to pass the time waiting for the boys to get back. Cal picked up his cup to take a sip when he felt a tickle in his nose, he quickly put the cup down and grabbed a tissue from the box on the nightstand. "Heh...heh-atchoo...atchoo!" He blew his nose then threw the tissue away in the small garbage bin by the bed. He picked up his tea again and took a sip, he continued watching the movie and the next thing he knew he fell asleep. He woke up to someone shaking him, "hey Cal we're home how are you feeling?" "Ugh, I don't feel good" he coughed roughly a few times while Ashton cringed at how wet and gross it sounded. "We just got home an hour ago and saw you sleeping so we let you be, I woke you to ask if you were hungry." Now that Calum was fully awake he could feel his nose running, his throat burning and he was starting to feel a little nauseous. "I'm feeling a little nauseous right now and I'm all sweaty and gross so I'm going to take my temperature then take a cool shower, if I'm feeling up to it I might have some broth" "ok, well me and the boys will be in the living room when you're done" "atchoo! Sorry, didn't feel that coming" "it's ok, bless you" "thanks" Calum got up and grabbed a fresh set of clothes to change into after his shower and headed to the bathroom. He took his temp and it was 101°F, he turned the shower on and sneezed a few times before getting in. The cool water felt nice on his boiling skin, he washed his hair and body then got out feeling a little better. He got dressed and took his temp again, it was 100°F now. He walked to the living room and saw the boys on the couch playing a game, "hey Cal, how you feeling?" Luke asked "I feel a little better, my temperature was 101 before getting in the shower and now it's down a degree" "that's good, I guess the cool water helped a bit." Calum walked over to Mike and sat down putting his head on Michael's shoulder, "hey bud, it sucks that you're not feeling well" "I don't like this" Ashton asked if he was up for the broth and he said yes, so far his nausea was very little but he needed to try and eat something light so it wouldn't upset his stomach even more. As Ash was in the kitchen making the broth Calum started coughing again facing away from Luke and Michael of course, they were rough chesty coughs and they hurt his throat and his headache was coming back too. He felt hot but his body was shivering, he was sniffling so Luke got up to grab him a tissue box and handed it to him. "Here's your broth Cal, you're do for more meds so try to eat a little bit ok" He had half the bowl before he had to stop because his tummy was starting to hurt more, "I can't eat anymore, I'm feeling nauseous and I don't know if I can take my meds without throwing it back up" "Well can you at least try? You need the medicine to get better, if you throw it back up that's ok, we'll try later" "heh...heh...atchoo! Ok" "Bless you" they all said, "thanks" Michael got up to grab the meds from the bathroom and got a glass of water. Calum took the pills then laid down, Ash grabbed a blanket and put it over him then the rest of the band quietly watched a movie while he slept. About an hour later Cal woke up and bolted to the bathroom, the others were alarmed and ran after him. They found him kneeling in front of the toilet dry heaving, Mike went over and started rubbing his back whispering soothing words, "His skin is boiling, can one of you wet a cloth and put it on the back of his neck please?" "Yea sure" Luke went to the hall closet and grabbed a cloth and wet it in cool water then rang it out and put it on Cal's neck. Calum gagged a few more times before his stomach emptied itself into the once clean water below him, Michael was still rubbing his back as the other two went back to the living room seeing as they weren't needed at the moment. Calum groaned once he was done, "I don't feel well, I hate this" "I know buddy, but as long as you keep taking medicine, drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated, and getting plenty of sleep you'll get better soon" "I think I'm done, can you take me to my bed please?" "Yea of course" Cal brushed his teeth to get the bad taste out of his mouth then Mikey helped him to bed, Luke and Ashton following close behind. "I think we're all going to bed now, we are all tired." "Ok, could one of you stay with me?" "Of course Cal" Ash said. "Alright, goodnight guys feel better Cally" Michael and Luke said and left to their rooms for the night. Ashton changed into sweats and kept his shirt off then crawled in behind Calum spooning him. "Goodnight Cal, I love you buddy" he said kissing Cal's temple. "Goodnight Ash" Calum was sick with the flu for a week before he got better, surprisingly none of his bandmates got it which is a good thing because he didn't want any of his best friends to feel as crappy as he did. He was also glad he felt better again just in time for Christmas, he was happy to see his family again and he really enjoyed his time home.
_____________________________________________

Sorry for the sucky ending and lack of sneezing but I wasn't really sure on what to write. I tried my best though which is good enough I guess. 🤷‍♀️ Anyway, this is the end of my short story book for 5SOS and I hope you all enjoyed it. Also, who's excited for their 5th album? I am, I can't wait! Anyway...bye! ✌