helpless [three]

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝

"Okay, on three we lift," the doctor says, holding underneath Madison's arm. The girl was now clean and fresh, feeling much better, though her body still hurt. The doctors lift Madison from her wheelchair to the passengers' seat of her mother's car.

"Alright, you all comfy?" one of the nurses said.

The girl just nods, not having the energy or strength to talk. Noticing this, the nurse shuts the door, leaving the girl in the car by herself as Melissa talks to the nurses right outside of the door.

Obviously, Madison could hear everything they were saying, but ultimately decided to ignore it. She shuts her eyes and drops her head back. Her stomach pools with dread and anticipation. Felicia was clearly not going to just leave her be, she wanted information on the pack. The girl didn't want to give it to her, but she was scared of the woman.

The thought almost made Madison laugh. Who knew being in a TV show would be so exhausting.

The drivers' side door opens and shuts. Madison doesn't bother opening her eyes to look at Melissa. She could feel the woman's worried gaze on her–she hated it.

Madison didn't want Melissa to worry about her. Nor did she want Scott to. But she couldn't do anything about it.

She can't even protect them, and that made her angry and frustrated.

"Baby, you alright?"

Melissa's sweet voice fights off the anger storming inside of Madison. The girl reluctantly opens her eyes, glancing over at the woman.

"Yeah," Madison nods, pursing her lips, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? I'm your mother, you know. You can talk to me about things."

"Yes, mom, I'm sure, don't worry about me."

Melissa falls silent, starting the car after a few moments of silence. The car reverses and Madison lets her head fall back onto the headrest. It was times like this where she wished she had died alongside her family.

...

"Any news?"

The voice didn't startle Madison, but it did anger her. It angered her because there was nothing she could do. The woman could easily overpower her, hurting her injured body even more.

"No," Madison blankly says, her eyes staring at the ceiling. Due to her mother's extreme worry, she was put on bed rest until she was completely healed. So there she was, laying on her back, one arm folded behind her head.

"What do you mean no?" Felicia sneers, stalking closer to the bed.

Madison finally looks at the psychopath, "you put me in that hospital and had me sedated for god knows long, how do I gather information that way? Want me to dream about it?"

Felicia's chuckle sends a cold chill down Madison's spine.

"You've gotten quite mouthy, haven't you? I like it."

Madison sighs, examining the women's physique. Her hair was so pale that it almost looked white–her eyes just as pale, the brightest shade of blue Madison's ever seen. She was hot...if she wasn't batshit crazy.

"I'll be back in two days, I expect some sort of information."

And just like that, she was gone.

Madison's jaw tightened at the feeling of helplessness crawling up her throat. But she wasn't going to cry–she refused to.

𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭. 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲, 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐢 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

𝐢 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰. 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤. 𝐢 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨.

𝐢 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬.

𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕣𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝