𝐎𝐍𝐄

(Before you proceed, the title 'Rah Rah Land' is not meant to be disrespectful in no shape or form. The meaning to the name is just Harlem's mind and thoughts. It's basically a omniscient POV)

𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 : 𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐑𝐀𝐇 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 ✰  𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 + 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 : 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎,

𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 + 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 : 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎,

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐌'𝐬 head slowly swayed to the music as Life Support by NBA Youngboy played loudly in her AirPods. Her retro black cat's scraped the icy floor from the current snowstorm that occurred a few days prior.

"Comme des Garçons, she say she like on me, Flyer then a jet, baby, flyer than an eagle" Harlem sung lowly

"Can I take you out tonight? Go get somethin' to eat, Sit and I'll tell you like, things you don't know 'bout me" She sung

Harlem walked up the steps to her Rockland County apartment she shared with her mom Diana. While walking through the doors of the building she was hit with the smell of spices and smoke coming from different apartment doors.

As Harlem began to walk further into the
building, she finally made her way to her
apartment door and the smell of smoke still
was hitting her nose.

But this time it hit stronger. While opening the door slowly, Harlem took one step at a time walking through the dim hallway that led to both the living room and kitchen.

"Mom?" Harlem called out fanning her face trying to clear the grey fog that was blocking the entire kitchen.

"Why the hell is the stove still on, whole house about to burn down." Harlem whispered to herself.

Immediately turning the right lever which controlled the front burner that had a pot of what was supposed to be red beans that were now black.

"MOM" Harlem yelled turning on the faucet trying to power wash out the pot of burnt beans. Not getting a reply back, Harlem started to grow suspicious, checking her and her moms room not seeing her in sight.

After closing the door to both rooms, Harlem figured that her mom would be at the store buying a few things for the house since early in the morning she told her that the milk was expired and they needed more food because what they had was almost gone.

But she knew whenever her mom would go out somewhere without Harlem being home, she would always text or call.

Reaching her hand to the back pocket of her dark blue ripped denim jeans, Harlem pulled her phone out and gestured the camera to her face so the face recognition could successfully unlock her phone.

As the phone immediately unlocked, she quickly pressed the phone icon on the bottom right of the screen swiping to her 'recently called' log clicking her mothers contact.

Dialing....
"𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑💞"

Hearing the phone right a good two times, a noise coming from the bathroom made Harlem jump and turn around quickly as she tried to make out what the sound was.

"Please don't tell me I'm gonna go out like this. God, I swear I'm not gonna watch the conjuring again." She threw her head back thinking her house was haunted from welcoming spirits from the movies she was watching.

Well that's what she thought since multiple videos of tarot readers talked about how that could happen popped up on her fyp anytime she would finish watching a scary movie.

Contemplating on whether or not she should check out what the sound was, she finally built up the courage walking over to the bathroom to prove to herself that nothings wrong and she's just bugging out.

Getting closer to the door, Harlem heard a similar ringtone making her kick the bathroom door open.

"MOM!?" Harlem yelled out loud with her body dropping to the floor seeing her mom laid on the floor unconscious with foam flowing out of her mouth creating a puddle near her ear.

"Mom.....MOM WHAT THE FUCKKK." she yelled shaking struggling to pick her phone up off the floor quickly dialing 911.

"Hello 911 what's y-MY MOM.. PLEASE HURRY 715 GILDERSLEEVE DR!" Harlem's frightening cries flowed through the phone.

"Ma'am we're on our way, can you please tell me what's the emergency."  The operator asked calmly hoping that Harlem could calm down.

"M-my mom, she's foaming from her mouth." Harlem gasped for air every few seconds lifting her mothers weak body placing it on top of her legs while moving hair from out of her face.

"I'm going to need you to tell me what happened." Harlem's chest heaved up and down at a faster pace instantly regretting that she decided to go to school today.

"I DONT KNOW! JUST HURRY UP" she screamed as her tears slid down her face onto her lips causing them to itch.

"They should be out-" the operator got cut off by Harlem throwing her phone and running to the front door seeing a few police officers rush into the apartment.

"Which room is it?" One of them asked as the others ran around, "The bathroom." Harlem walked over to the bathroom and stood at the door from seeing them attach a bunch of medical things onto her hopeless body.

"Looks like she overdosed on fentanyl." The woman who was an officer picked up the small baggy that was under her moms body and placed it in a large ziplock bag as well as her phone.

As the same words replayed in her head, Harlem screamed loudly making all four of the officers turn their heads quickly seeing Harlem charging towards her mom.

"GRAB HER!" The male officer yelled while the woman grabbed Harlem and removed her from the apartment.

"MY MOMM." Harlem cried trying to fight off the cop and finally gave up seeing that she was no longer in her apartment.

"Listen to me, I need to you to calm down and take a few deep breaths for me okay?" The officer hugged Harlem tightly as she continued to cry into her chest.

"My mom was j-just fine, how did t-this happen!? WHO DID THIS TO HER???" Harlem gasped for more air while her eyes started to sting due to all the crying.

"Gonzalez.." A officer walked down the steps slowly making the lady cop turn her head. As Harlem picked her head up, she saw the cop shake his head no making her scream loudly.

"NOOOO"

ᶠᴸᴬˢᴴ ᴮᴬᶜᴷ ᴼᵛᴱᴿ