C H A P T E R 2 7

— • —

Chapter 27

"............"

The black furball waited for Shao Ling to strip down his robes, but Shao Ling stood still, staring down at the ground with an unreadable expression. The black furball frowned in impatience and eventually spoke, "Young man, can you hear me? You really won't remove your clothes?"

"............"

The black furball sighed and spoke again: "You may not believe this but this can help this kid recover."

"But why must I strip?" Shao Ling said with a gloomy expression as if he were restraining his anger. "Such indecency. Isn't there any other way to help him?"

"But young man..." The black furball replied, "This kid needs warmth. He used too much of his ice attribute to the point that he was close to freezing. You may not see it in his skin, but his meridians are already being frozen by ice. The ice attribute may be strong, but it has a terrible side effect on the host if it is not trained well."

"......" Shao Ling didn't respond, but he stared at Lian Ren for a long time. After a moment, Shao Ling reached out to Lian Ren's wrist and examined his pulse. The black furball was not lying because Lian Ren's meridians inside were not responding well to his own body, a sign that most of the meridians were blocked or interfered with by something.

Shao Ling shifted his gaze at the black fuball and arched his brows, making the black fuball bewildered. "What's your problem, young man?" The black furball asked in confusion. "Are you perhaps embarrassed? Hahaha! No need! This venerable one has seen many body anatomy of people! No need to be shy, haha!"

Shao Ling closed his eyes and pressed his lips together. His veins looked like they were popping out of his forehead from restraining himself, but it was not that long until Shao Ling was able to calm himself down. Shao Ling heaved a breath and turned in Lian Ren's direction, slowly extending his hand to Lian Ren's waistbelt so that he could remove his clothes. But when Shao Ling's fingertips touched the edge of Lian Ren's waistbelt, he immediately flinched and backed away, as if he had experienced such a horror in his life.

"What the hell is this?" The black furball exclaimed as he watched Shao Ling. "Young man, what's wrong with you? Could it be that you prefer men?"

"OUTRAGEOUS!" Shao Ling shouted; his brows were knitted into a deep frown, and his cheeks were flushed red, breathing heavily. "It's not like what you think! I just thought that this was so awkward! Why must I strip my clothes and then strip my disciples'? So improper!"

The black furball stared at him as if Shao Ling was an unearthly being. "Young man, that kid is slowly freezing."

"I know!" Shao Ling replied.

"Then..." The black furball walked back and forth until he went outside the cave, then spoke, "Fine! This venerable one will leave since you feel uncomfortable with me watching! Just remember to give that kid warmth! I can't have my host dying because this venerable one will become a stray soul!" After speaking, the black furball went somewhere deep into the forest.

Shao Ling, who was flushed red and breathing heavily, sat down beside Lian Ren and closed his eyes to calm himself down. Since his disciples lives were at stake, Shao Ling had no choice but to remove Lian Ren's waistbelt with his trembling hands. He also removed his robe, and the only clothes that were covering Lian Ren were his pants. Shao Ling heaved a breath and leaned his ear on top of Lian Ren's chest to check if he was still breathing. However, Shao Ling immediately opened his eyes when he realized that Lian Ren's heart was barely beating, as if the ice had immediately reached the entrance of his heart and had completely frozen all the meridians in his body.