53

To Heidi, A book of poems written by Serif Franco Castillo (4th year, Creative Writing)

Between page 4 and 5

-

Dear Serif,

Samuel gave me this book exactly after the print. He told me it's OBVIOUSLY for me and I should be the first to read the physical copy. And I'm also sure you'll get this kasi ako rin ang naglagay ng libro sa library katabi ng libro ko.

I spent the night reading and weeping over this book. Ang hirap basahin ng maayos kasi kailangan mukang bago kong ilalagay sa library.

It's almost christmas, so I'm crossing my fingers that you'll be able to read this before christmas and meet me.

Thank you for your efforts of avoiding me. I can still imagine you messing your hair whenever we're walking past each other.

You're not looking back but I'am. Always, just to see you frustrated and sighing (you look cute, istg).

I was actually nervous everytime I look back, baka tumingin ka rin pabalik. But you did a great job! Congratulations? Haha

I was in the verge of jumping on you (LITERALLY) before I saw your first letter. I'm glad you thought of that. It gave me hope and assurance (it made me cry).

When you asked me kung babalik pa ba ako kay Kent, I was also asking the same thing about you. Maghahanap ka pa kaya ng iba? (But I guess you didn't. Good job)

I even suggested you to open yourself for possibilities na pinagsisihan ko. Because don't. DON'T YOU DARE.

Thank you for showing me my worth. Thank you for showing me that it's not right to leave me in a restaurant and make me wait for someone to fetch me (I feel dumb now). Thank you for being the standard I've been grasping ever since I lost touch of how worth it I am.

Find me.

Maybe in my house, or in our building, or in between of the isle 4 and 5 of the school library where you always go to find me.

Ps. I enjoyed you being jealous even though there's nothing to be jealous for.

Now admitting that I love you, most ardently,
Heidi Carreon