Ruler Of Tides

Nerina Sandra Sparrows 

Basically, to sum things up easier... I am a murderer. But I would prefer considering that one of my good qualities, the better quality.

Haha, I glance down at my silver knife, it is one of my daggers which I hold with me everywhere I travel. It holds the only magic, and the most special magic in all my years I have seen.

This is my ship, this is my second home, but I favour it as my first home. My original home is the Land of Zinambra. The home is known for its silver and diamonds. If anyone steals or takes silver or diamond from our land, their punishment gifted to them is only that of death. Heads on walls, heads sculpted into statues, bodies fermented into the ocean beds when sirens are not found.

Which reminds me, "Jack!" I call out, whirling my body around to look at him across the ship he controls the wheel of, "Any signs yet?!" I ask.

"Not one so far!" He calls out, "I'd love it if we jumped into the sea instead! Makes life easier, Cap!" He tells me, saluting as the wind blows on his dark brown hair, red liquorice in between his lips.

Then Joy climbs out of the cabins, slapping the back of his twin's head, "What the hell?! Want us to freeze to death tonight? We already swam today while saving this idiotic thief." She turns to the old man tied to the decks, "Scoundrel." She spits at him.

I laugh, not even trying to hold it in. Then my eyes slowly go wide, "We're here..." I sigh, finally back to my kingdom.

Finally, time to depart with Khisfire unfortunately. The Khisfire is the ship gifted to me when I had turned sixteen, when I was finally allowed to travel the seas on my own and sought to find my crew.

I look behind me as my other crew member loosens the ropes that tie my ship and secure it to the land decks.

"A bit too soon to tie that, ay?" I look at Antonio, he's thirty, old but perfect for my crew. Fussy, but keen. Talks like an old fart, but full of adventure like youth. Not to mention, he's really handsome.

"Is so, Cap?" He asks, and without waiting for an answer, he leaves it, "I'll go deal with that intruder. To the prisons?"

"To the prisons." I tell him, yes, he'll be sent and questioned in the prisons of my Kingdom even though we caught him thieving on another land, "Did you get anything out of him?"

"The thief?" He stops and thinks, "He doesn't say nothing." He smirks just then, "Except that he says he shits rainbows and does not want to tell me anything else."

I laugh, "Did Joy knock him that hard?"

"Bet she did, he's useless as far as I know."

"Get rid of him." I say.

"Aight, Cap." He salutes and jumps down the stairs of the deck.

They call me Captain, or Cap, they know I hate being called 'Your Highness', 'Your Majesty', 'My liege', 'My Royal Highness'. It makes me nauseous and sick. I never enjoyed that luxurious life of eating cupcakes and sweets, wearing dresses and having my hair designed into absolutely disgustingly ugly curls into a bun. Never fancied it, never will.

"Won't get dressed, Nerina?" Jack asks, putting a hand on my shoulder, I turn to look at him, handing over one of his liquorice to me.

Oh, right, I need to get dressed if I came back here as the 'Royal Princess' now. I sigh, "Better get going then, huh?" I told him.

"Joy got em ready for you in your cabin." He tells me.

"She'd better have." I smirk. I need to take off the kohl in my eyes, my pirate hat, my 'unacceptable' pirate clothing that shows most of my collar bone and forearms.

I spin my knife in my hand, then throw it in my belt, skipping down the stairs of my grand Khisfire. I turn around to glance at the land we have yet to reach.

The Land of Zinambra...

The Land of silver and diamonds...

The Land of the rich and wealthy...