Chapter 27

*one explanation later*

I shifted uncomfortably from where I was sitting on the bed.

Everyone stared at me, looking confused.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't bring myself to tell you..."

I looked at Lunar. She looked upset, and her back was now slouched, her once energetic expression now gone. "You could've told me, Neechan..."

Zeref, who was still propped up on the windowsill, began to hum a merry tune.

"I'm sorry," I repeated again, but no one answered. Now they all looked hurt--Lunar most of all.

Samuel hugged Lunar and softly patted her head in a way to console her.

Natsu's eyes were full of rage. "Go away!" He shouted at Zeref, who now looked appalled by his outburst.

Zeref's eyebrows furrowed with anger. "1 hour."

"1 hour?"

"1 hour and you will all be dead." He spat, then jumped off the windowsill and disappeared into the shadows.

Natsu looked at me in an almost pleading sort of way. "Luce..."

I shook my head, not wanting his pity. We both knew what had most likely happened to Leila, we didn't need words to exchange the thought.

"Not now, Natsu." I pointed out the window to the monster that was drawing nearer by the second. "Don't we have a city to save?"

Erza walked up to me and set a hand on my shoulder. "Then what're we waiting for?"

"Love is an open door?" Chirped Lunar, who was now also by my side. After earning an eye roll from the whole team, she looked at me and smiled. "We do have a city to save, Neechan. And until then I won't cry or whine."

I wrapped her in a hug. "Thank you."

She shrugged once the hug had been broken. "No problem."

Samuel then appeared by her side, as well as Gray.

"Now let's go kick some monster butt!"

A/N: sorry for the Frozen pun, but it had to be done. I didn't even plan it to be honest. I just typed what Erza said and it immediately popped into my mind! So...another short chapter. I'll try and make the actual Finale longer, I promise! Anyways, once again, Happy Shipping!