A View To Kill

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon is still in the cellar, looking weak. He hears footsteps and sees Daniel. "Stefan asked you to come snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free." Damon said. Daniel throws a vial of blood towards Damon. "Oh man, really? You let me practically be bled dry. At least spring for a bag or something. I'm thirsty." Damon said. Daniel sets a water bottle between the bars of the door. "Not exactly what I had in mind." Damon said. Damon gets up, groaning, and walks over to grab the water bottle. He sees Klaus standing on the other side. "Hello, mate." Klaus said to Damon. "What the hell are you doing here?" Damon asked abs Klaus smiled.

"Babysitting." Klaus said. "Oh." Damon said. "Stefan said to give him a vial of blood every couple of hours, so he doesn't desiccate. If he gets too much strength back, or if he just annoys you, bleed him out again." Daniel said to Klaus. "Silent treatment, huh? Is that Stefan's best shot?" Damon asked Daniel before turning to Klaus. "Stefan's still pissed at me for sleeping with Elena." Damon said. "You sure about that? 'Cause I saw him trying to sneak out of Rebekah's bed this morning, which would suggest to me that he's moved on." Klaus said and Daniel froze. "What?!" Daniel nearly shouted. "Yeah, sorry mate." Klaus said sincerely.

"Well, well. Looks like Stefan ripped out a page of my revenge-sex handbook." Damon said. "Well, why don't you two enjoy your little, uh, villain bonding time? Stefan will let you know when he gets the dagger from Rebekah." Daniel said before leaving.

Later ~ Street

It's night-time. Kol is walking down a street listening to music on his phone and listening to Daniel rant about Rebekah when it rings. He answers it. "Jeremy Gilbert. Nice to see I'm still on your speed dial, mate. Hey, you want to meet up at the batting cages in Denver?" Kol asked. "Actually, it's Elena Gilbert." Elena said on the other end. "What a treat. Yeah, I was just thinking of all the clever ways I could have your brother killed, but I'd settle for ripping off his illustrated arm instead." Kol said and Daniel sighed at his friend's dramatics. "I need to talk to you – in person. I'm guessing Daniel is with you, so bring him to." Elena said. "I wanna call a truce, in the name of Silas." Elena said and makes Kol and Daniel stop in their tracks.

"You want to talk about Silas?" Daniel asked knowing Elena could hear him. "I'll meet you wherever you want. I'll come to you." Elena said. "I'll tell you what. How about we come to you?" Kol asked. The doorbell rings. Everyone turns in surprise. Jeremy cocks his gun and points it at the door. Kol and Daniel are outside. "If you want a truce, open the door and invite me in." Kol said. Daniel didn't say anything since he was already invited in. Elena is slightly flustered by the unexpected turn of events and looks around for her next move. "We're waiting. Let us in and let's talk truce." Kol said. Elena takes a blackboard down from the wall. "Hello?" Daniel called out. "Wouldn't that be kind of stupid to invite you in?" Elena asked.

She starts writing on the board. "On the contrary, I can't kill your brother with my own two hands, or I'll suffer the hunter's curse and spend the next 20 years trying to off myself in gruesome ways." Kol said. Elena shows what she wrote on the blackboard to Matt: "Help Stefan find dagger". He leaves out the back door. "And I've heard that vervain's back in town, so I can't compel you to kill him either. So I think it's fair to say you're semi-safe, for now." Kol added on. Elena has erased the board and written a new message for Jeremy. She shows it to him: "Get out. Get Bonnie". "I'm the only one that can invite him inside." Jeremy whispered. "He's right, obviously." Kol said. Elena goes and opens the door for Kol and Daniel.

Daniel steps into the house. "You'd think being alive for over a thousand years would teach me some manners, but I couldn't resist stopping by." Kol said. "What manners?" Daniel asked in a joking matter. "If I let you in, my brother goes. You're not getting near him." Elena said directing it more to Kol than Daniel. "Fair enough." Kol said. Elena looks back at Jeremy and nods. Jeremy nods. "You can come in." Jeremy said. Jeremy leaves through the back door. "No gold medals for bravery, I see. You know the thing I love about the modern age is...music, anytime you like." Kol said. Kol puts his phone and earphones in his pocket, and it gives Elena a view of the white oak stake, which is stashed in an inside pocket of Kol's jacket.