One Time

"Will it make any difference if I say he is still in the picture?"

Amusement settles on Mi Jo's face as Jin Woo frowns over her non-answer. Like he's trying to decipher the meaning behind it and come up with something. It takes a lot from him, apparently, as he stands up and paces around the bench. As a result, his usually composed self stutters with his answer.

"I suppose it won't— but— if you love him, then I—"

She can't stop her laugh from bubbling out. Which prompts him to look at her, the expression in his handsome face is a mix between annoyance and worry.

Oh, poor guy.

She knows his feeling, obviously, as she has to wait for a year to finally get the answers to her questions. Added it with him calling her the way he used to call her. That 'my love' is too sweet and definitely lands her on cloud nine right now.

Which is probably why she relents and puts Jin Woo out of his misery. "Jin Woo-ya, he was never in the picture. It was one time. And it just happened that it was your lucky day to see me with him on the first and only date I had this past year."

He stops his step and turns around to face her

He stops his step and turns around to face her. Upon realizing what she's saying, he bends over to his knee and lets out a big sigh that makes her laughing again. Then he sits back down beside her and expresses his relief.

"Whew! You have to make it that dramatic, don't you?"

She hums her answer when Jin Woo straightens up his posture as if he remembers something. "Wait— you didn't— you didn't break your rule again, did you?"

Mi Jo snorts at his question and smacks his chest affectionately. "What kind of question is that? That's not your business."

"Cha Mi Jo—"

"What?"

"Can't— can't you see I— woah! I can't—"

"Oh, relax! I didn't! Happy now?"

"You didn't?"

"You were the only exception to that rule, is that what you want to hear?"

"I was your only exception." He parrots her statement, his signature smirk on his face.

"You were. And look where I ended up." She mutters looking away from him. That seems to break him from the daze.

"Hey." Jin Woo turns her head to him again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry we ended up this way. We wasted a year apart because of me and my stupidity," he pleads with her. "But here I am, still loving you and asking you for a chance to make things right, to prove that you, Cha Mi Jo, is the only one for me."

Her eyes light up at the word love and she flushes at his words but doubts still clouds her mind and it shows. She knows he can see it too.

"What if you change your mind again? What if this is just— the magic of Chuseok your mother talked about? Once the holiday over, you will come back to your sense and realize this isn't what you want."