Chapter III: Sunday, February 14, 2016

Nives woke up because someone was peppering her face with soft kisses. She smiled even before cracking her eyes open, aware that they were Richard's kisses.

"Happy Valentine's Day, my love", he whispered, looking at her with those stunning azure irises that charmed her each time.

Nives felt her eyes sting with tears of emotion: this was the first Valentine's Day they spent physically together, and for her, it was the first with a partner after a number of years she didn't want to think about. "The happiest Valentine's Day in my whole life", she whispered, before knotting her arms around his neck to kiss him fervently, her heart pounding in her chest for the deep joy she was feeling at the awareness she was with the man of her dreams – actually, of thousands of women, and even men; but he was only hers. In spite of that Forbes, she thought, as a satisfied chuckle escaped her throat.

"What's so funny?" Richard asked her, looking at her quizzically.

"I'll tell you at another time", Nives answered, as she was determined not to cause bad blood between him and any colleague, as much as she could dislike them. "Now let's have breakfast, or maybe... something else?" she suggested.

Richard showed one of his trademark smirks. "Something else", he answered. "However, not what you have in mind..." he paused for a moment to chortle at Nives' face, who was pretending an exaggerated bewilderment. "Did you see how big the bathtub is?"

"Well, yes", she confirmed, now genuinely confused.

"It's a Jacuzzi", he revealed. "What about trying it together?"

She arched her eyebrows. "Do you think we'll just have a bath...?" she teased him.

"Who spoke about just having a bath...?" Richard grinned, pleased. "I go and fill the bathtub."

The actor rose and, not bothering covering himself, he headed for the bathroom. Soon enough, Nives heard the sound of water running; she lazed under the soft duvet filled with goose feathers, typical of the German bedrooms and therefore of the hotels too, as much warm in winter as surprisingly cool in summer.

Soon afterwards, Richard peeped out from the threshold of the bathroom. "I'm going to wait for you in the bathtub", he said in a suggesting tone.

"Coming at once!" cried Nives, with a liveliness that had him smiling. As she rose, he withdrew and crossed the bathroom, and seated himself into the champagne ceramic Jacuzzi, where the water was already bubbling.

A few moments later, Nives arrived; she too hadn't bothered getting dressed, a complete useless action given the level of intimacy she shared with her man.

Richard was already immersed in the bubbling water when he saw her appearing on the threshold, naked. His gaze travelled avidly along her lovely shape, never getting enough of admiring her curves. Perhaps she wasn't perfect like a fashion model, but he wasn't interested in perfection; he was interested in the fact she was the woman he loved and with whom he wanted to share the rest of his life.

Under his admiring eyes, Nives felt beautiful and wanted like no one had ever made her feel before, not even her ex-husband – may he rest in peace. She quickly pulled up her long mane in a bun high on her head, fastening it with a pin, then she walked over to the bathtub.

Richard brought up his knees to his chest and, with a smiling gesture, he invited her to join him. Nives smiled back at him and, gracefully, she lowered herself into the water, sitting in front of the actor; she propped her back onto the edge and uttered a sigh of satisfaction.