𝟬𝟬𝟲

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭
Fear coursing through her veins, Deion trembled as she scanned the massive warehouse that had been remodeled over the years. It took her a minute to realize where she was, but she knew she was in a place that was both familiar and foreign to her.

She gave a loud gasp when she recognized where she was, which made the busy workers stop what they were doing and stare at her like she was insane. The sound of the machines printing counterfeit cash was the only motion audible throughout the Warehouse.

"Nigga," Armani said before grabbing Deion by the arm and pulling her into a corner. "Don't be in here embarrassing me, act like you ain't never see a couple niggas printin' monopoly money and pushin' pills." He spat.

Deion let go of her worried expression once he said that, holding back the urge to slap him senseless. "You right, Armani. I never been to a frickin' hood pharmacy!" She angrily shouted and he just gave her a blank stare. "That's not even what I was shocked about." She rolled her eyes, folding her arms over her chest, continuing to be afraid once she remembered where she was at.

"So what you sittin' here gaspin' 'bout? 'Cause I can give you a tour. I can show you it all, baby you ain't seen nothin' yet. You think this sumn'? Tuh, once i'm done, you ain't gon' have no more gasps to gasp."

"I don't need to a tour 'cause i'm leavin' and not coming back." Deion turned around. "This is ghetto. I'm gone."

Armani chuckled, making Deion turn back around, facing him with a frown. "What's funny? This ain't a laughing matter, i'm leaving."

"It's funny that you think that's an option. Really, it is." Armani genuinely found it funny, which made Deion turn her face up. "There is something actually wrong with you. You needa' get that checked out." Deion said before turning back around to exit the building but was yoked up by her arm and dragged all the way to the back of the building.

"Stop!" Deion said after getting tired of trying to pull away from him. Armani finally let go of her, allowing her to fix her clothing. "Alright, Dee. You wanna' leave? Leave." He told her placing his arms behind his back.

She huffed and the two just stood there, staring at each other. One showing no reaction and the other almost red as a tomato. "I'm scared." She finally blurted out, throwing her hands up and slapping them on her thighs.

"Scared of what?" Armani said, mocking her gesture. Deion sighed in frustration, palming her forehead with both hands. She wasn't angry with Armani; rather, she was angry that she couldn't articulate her feelings at the time so he wouldn't understand.

"Man, let's go, Dee. I ain't got time for games." He gave her a slight push with his index finger, making her stumble toward the door that had a large brown skinned man in all black standing in front of it. He was very buff and held an angry expression, which didn't intimidate Deion, surprisingly.

"Phone." He held his hand out, making Deion frown and look back at Armani. "Excuse me?" She said, still looking at Armani. "He need yo' phone. You'll get it back when we leave."

"For what? He can take yo' phone, but not mines."

"No phone, no entry." The broad man simply said, removing his eyes from Deion and looking straight ahead. "That's fine. I'm gone." Deion turned back around but Armani bumped her with his chest. "Let us in real quick." Armani said and the man stepped aside, allowing them to walk in.

"Gone, man." Armani shooed her, becoming irritated. "You go first." She told him, making him kiss his teeth and march into the office. "Surprise." Armani sarcastically spoke, throwing his hands in the air and making Jazz hands. His parents just looked at him with a blank expression.