Nightmares

I sat in the field with Ken looking out at the flowers. Birds filled the air with music. He'd tried to hold my hand but I slapped it away side eyeing him. He gave me a closed eye smile and chuckled. The color of his hair reminded me of Kakashi's. Staring at him I rolled my eyes shaking my head.

Kakashi sat up quickly startling me awake. His breathing was short and fast. Sitting up I put my hand on his back comforting him.

"Nightmare?" I asked softly with concern.

He simply nodded staring at the blanket. Pulling down his mask I placed a soft kiss on his cheek. I got out of bed making my way to the kitchen.

I wondered what Ken was doing these days. It had been about five years since I'd seen him. He was the only one that ever cracked the shell around my heart even a little. I merely saw him as a bestfriend though. He knew I was already in love with someone. I hoped that he found love too. His kids were probably so adorable. Hopefully they didn't get Ken's terrible eye sight. Though those round glasses really did look good on him. He was also far too young for my taste. The little boy was only 19 at the time we had met.

I finished preparing Kakashi's lavender tea. When I got to the bedroom he was still sat up in bed, but looked far more relaxed. Gently I handed him the cup and sat by him resting my head on his shoulder.

"You've been home for six months and this is the first time I had a dream about them." He said quietly staring at his tea.

"Who, my love?" I asked curiously.

"Rin and Obito." He answered pained.

I felt awful for asking now. I should've left it be. He hurt so deeply for those two still. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

He turned to me furrowing his brow. "No need to apologize. You should know." He sipped his tea. "If you plan to stay with me I fear that this won't be the only time this will happen. I just hope it doesn't drive you away."

"Nothing will take me away from you." I whispered softly resting my hand on his chest. "I love you. I mean it with my entire being, Kakashi."

He sighed letting himself relax. "I love you too, Shiro."

Reaching out I tried to take his empty cup. He shook his head before getting up and leaving the room. Sitting in the bed I felt as if eyes were watching over me. Looking around I saw nobody there. It was probably just my current state of exhaustion.

Kakashi returned climbing back into bed. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me down with him. I snuggled his chest closing my eyes once more.