(Chapter One- Welcome Back)

This story is set in early fall of Steven's 20th year

Steven looked back in the rearview mirror to get a good look at his old home and city that he loved so much. As he passed Beach City he sighed in relief. He has finished exploring his gem side. Now it's time to be human.

3 Years Later...

Empire City
Steven and Connie's Apartment
4:35 am

<><><>

Steven wakes up to the sound of his alarm clock going off. He yawns and turns to his side to see Connie is not next to him. He starts to wonder where she went until he hears the sound of the shower going on. He gets up out of bed and turns the alarm clock off. He goes inside the bathroom to brush his teeth.

"Good Morning Connie." Steven says, grabbing his toothbrush.

"Morning love." Connie responds, behind the curtain. "Sorry I didn't wake you up. You looked like you were in the middle of a good dream"

Steven chuckles at Connie's remarks. "Yeah, I really can't wait to see the Gems. Sure they visited from time to time but going back to live in beach city is exciting"

"I'm excited too! I wish we could've told them we're coming back today. Mom always told me to tell her when I'm officially coming back to Beach City." Connie says. "I wonder what it looks like now."

"It's probably still the same." Steven says. "Are you sure you packed everything? We have a lot of things and I don't want to leave anything behind. Where's your sword?

Connie turns the shower off, grabs a towel and walks out

(Made by Harsh Boogie on Tumblr)

"Steven.. Everything is packed and ready to go. You don't have to worry about leaving anything behind. Connie says calming him down. "Now let's get ready to go. The traffic here is really bad in the morning"