𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠

Chapter One
~Intriguing~

"Brilliant m'boy! 10 points to Slytherin!" Professor Slughorn exclaims and pats his shoulder, proudly looking at the Draught of Living Death that Tom successfully brewed before the end of the class proceeding with proud snakes and witty eagles.

Tom flashes one of his charming smiles towards his potion master, earning a few sighs of admiration from both the bold greens and reserved blues.

Slughorn beams happily and moves on to observe other potions as Tom sits back in his seat, going through the advanced portions book.

Usually he leaves the classroom after he is done making the potions as it's no surprise that the rests struggle, some causing disasters while others fixing silly mistakes pointed by their mentor, all in all it gets pretty boring for him.

Though he was reading about the Anti Paralysis Potion, and he was in the middle of a paragraph when class started, being the bookworm that he is, he had to finish at least the paragraph before he gets up to leave, even if it's about a simple Potion like this one.

"Wonderful Miss Heart! As expected, you never cease to amaze me." Hearing Professor Slughorn's proud voice praising someone that's not him, Tom's ears perk up. Turning around he watches as brown locks hide the owner's face who was currently being subjected to the attention of the professor.

Her slender body hidden behind the black and blue robe. A faint tint of pink paints the pale skin peaking through the strands of her hair.

"10 points to Ravenclaw!" Slughorn threw his hands up in happiness walking over to another student to observe their potion.

While their professor was busy, Tom's scrutinizing gaze watches the raven in front of him pack her stuffs neatly in her charmed rucksack, her hair still hiding her face, poking his curiosity more, intriguing his mind with questions about her identity.

"Outstanding performance class! Off you kids go now!" Slughorn beams walking back to his desk dismissing the class.

Tom turns to pack his things, when he is done he slings the strap of his bag over his shoulder and looks back to where the girl was, hoping to see who exactly was she.

Much to his disappointment, he was met with a void of air and other students rushing past the now empty seat. He moved his gaze towards the door to see the ends of the very brown locks who's owner piked up his interest without even a look at his way.

He moves towards the door, heading out of the class to see the girl's woodsy hair cascade down to her slim waist. He follows her through the crowd of students clamoring out of classrooms, first years being the size of a pebble in front of his tall stature made him groan as his concentration wavered with occasional bumps and stumbles.

Looking up from a good 20 steps distance, Tom watches the girl round the corner and disappear into the never ending halls of the magical school.

Sighing he turns around to head to the Astronomy tower before a mark of tardiness tainted his otherwise perfect student image.