before the funeral - 34

A few days pass and still Killian haven't had a funeral for his mother and baby sister. I sit on the edge of his bed and watch as he paces around. His phone to his ear as he screams at someone in italian.

"Togli la testa dal culo Dante! Non sono dell'umore giusto per queste stronzate!" He yells loudly before going quiet again.

Only hearing a one sided conversation. I'm pretty confused. I also don't know very much italian in the first place.

"Dante! The fuck did I just say to you? I'm not in the mood to bury my mother or sister yet!" He screams. His face turning red as he plops into his chair, in the corner of the room.

"Yes Dante I fucking know we need a funeral. And I said not right now!" He sighs, "where the fuck is Alex at?"

He sits quietly with his hand on his head. He rubs his forehead before saying, "Alex. Fucking finally. Set the fucking funeral up. I don't fucking care when or where. Just do it so Dante shuts the fuck up!"

He hangs up and slams his phone against the arm of the chair. He runs his hands through his hair as he sighs again.

I walk over and sit on his lap. I kiss his cheek and he looks at me. His hands fall from his hair to my hips and he pulls me into a tight hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and run my fingers through his hair softly.

"It's okay Kill," I whisper as I kiss his head.

His hug tightens and he sniffles. I close my eyes and he hides his head in the crook of my neck. "I love you Kill," I whisper.

"I love you too," he sniffles.

I wake up for the funeral around 10:00am. Killian was already gone, probably throwing himself into work in order to deal with his mind. He tends to do that a lot when he doesn't want to deal with things.

I groan as I sit up from his bed. I shower quickly in my room and go to my closet. Staring at my clothes I grab a tight black dress that reaches my knees. Thin straps go over my shoulders and I sigh as I can't reach the zipper.

The feeling of hands on my back startle me. I turn to see Killian. He smiles and says, "wish I could take this off you instead of zipping it up for you!"

"You horny bastard," I chuckle softly.

"Well sorry I have the most beautiful, most hottest girlfriend ever!" He smirks at me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and play with the ends of his hair. I smile as my cheeks heat up. "I'm not that pretty."

"You are though amore mio!"

I shake my head as I blush harder than before. A smile plastered on my lips as he kisses my cheek.

"Amore mio can I ask you something?" He asks as our eyes meet. He looks nervous and as if he was scared to ask me.

"Yeah?"

He runs his hand over his face as he pulls away from the hug. He stares at me and sighs softly. His cheeks flush as he continues to look at me. His eyes travel down my body and he scratches the back of his neck. Our eyes meet again and he smirks.

His drops to one knee and my brows furrow. He takes a deep breath and says, "Arizona Skiatook Gonzalez." He smirks again, "I love you with everything in my body. My entire being. I've been in love with you since our eyes met that night in the underground. You are the only thing in this world that I love more than my own mother!"

Tears welled in my eyes as he speaks. He better not be proposing, I'll lose it.

"When we met-" he takes a deep breath, "when we met I knew I needed you. When you left after staying over, my mom told me she wanted us to be together."

He chuckles softly, remebeing the time. "She said she was pretty by the way son. Told me I should settle down and maybe you were the one. I didn't see it then, but she was right! You are the one. The only one!"

"Kill-"

"I'm asking you to marry me. Be mine. All of mine?" He asks as he pulls a box from his suit jacket. He opens it, a huge diamond rings sits in the box. It was simple, yet so beautiful.

A sob leaves my lips as I stare at him. I smile and nod, "yes Killian!"

- Killian's pov -

I stand up quickly and pull her into a tight hug. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. I squeeze my eyes shut as a tear falls from one. "Fuck, I thought you were gonna say no!" I chuckle softly.

I pull away from the hug and she smiles. I grab the ring from the box and slide it onto her finger.

I wish my mother could have hitnessed this. She would be proud and probably crying harder than Arizona is. Olivia would want to be the flower girl and she would want to wear the prettiest dress ever. She would be the most adorable little flower girl.

I'm pulled from my thoughts as Arizona cups my cheek. "You okay Kill?"

"Yeah sorry. I was just thinking, sorry."

"You're okay baby."

She hugs me softly and I smile, "I love you, amore mio!"

"I love you too," she kisses my cheek.