Drunken Kisses

It was nearing 2:00am, and the room was almost completely dark except for the moonlight seeping in through the open window, and the soft green glow from the digital clock on the radio.

That is until the tell tale clink of a spark wheel followed by a small hot flame illuminates the corner of the room.

"I told you to not smoke in here, we'll get caught." Satoru whines as he sits up on his bed, rolling his eyes at Shoko's disgusting habit.

"Oh, who cares?" Shoko says before inhaling the smoke of her freshly lit cigarette, taking a long drag as she walks over to Satoru to blow smoke in his face. He swats his hand through the air to get rid of the smoke while Suguru chuckles from his place on the floor beside the bed.

"Fuck off," He takes a swig from the bottle of spiced rum in his hand, "we're drunk, I don't want to lure Yaga here with the smell of your smoke. Plus, this is my room, I don't want it to smell."

Shoko rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah."

"Want one?" She asks as he extends the pack of cigarettes towards Suguru who reaches his hand to pluck one out of the half empty pack.

He didn't smoke often, in fact, he hardly ever smoked. He was what he referred to as a 'social smoker', only putting a cigarette to his lips if he was drunk with friends. Satoru watched as his best friends slender fingers plucked the cancer stick (as Satoru called them) from the package ever so carefully before placing the filtered end between his pink lips. Shoko tossed the sliver zippo lighter to him. Satoru watched closely as Suguru sheltered the end of his cigarette with a cupped hand before lighting it.

He took a long drag, holding it before exhaling. A small screen of smoke surrounded him, but the pale moonlight pouring in through the window illuminated his prominent features and soft skin.

"Yeah, that's good." Suguru says with a soft smile, bringing the cigarette back up to his lips.

While Satoru was intently watching Suguru smoke, he felt a pair of eyes burning holes through him.

Suguru's eyes shifted and caught the white haired boy staring. "You want a puff?" Suguru asked, extending his arm to give the cigarette to Satoru.

He declined by shaking his head.

He turned his head to meet Shoko's eyes that were heavy with sleep deprivation and alcohol, but extremely pissed off. He cocked an eyebrow, confused at her dirty look, "What?"

"So I get shit for smoking, but Suguru doesn't?" She scoffed.

"Well, the room already smells like smoke, not much I can do now." Satoru says in his defence.

"Mhm, you just like ogling at Suguru."

Suguru held back a laugh at Shoko's accusation before smirking at Satoru.

Satoru's face grew warm, he was thankful the room was mostly dark. "I was not ogling!"

He was. He did it so much. He hated that he did it. Ever since he met Suguru, his eyes always found their way to the boy, even if he didn't mean to stare. Suguru was attractive, and Satoru was attracted to him. He knew it was wrong, that he shouldn't feel that way towards his best friends, that it would be crossing so many unsaid boundaries, but he couldn't help it. Suguru was smart, handsome, caring, kind, and proper. He had high cheek bones, a defined jaw, and a slight bump on his nose that was only visible from the side. His hair never had any frizz or fly aways, it always worked in Suguru's favour, easily pulled back into that iconic bun in just one try. He had a way of drawing Satoru in that was indescribable. No matter what shit was thrown their way, Satoru felt that as long as Suguru with him, they'd make it through.