A New Friend

Ant's POV

The season continued on, at this point mostly everyone had 20 battles. I was in the Red Division; I was in fifth with a 12:8 record. Bob was in the Blue Division and was in sixth, he had an 11:9 record. Ivy was in the Green Division and was also fifth with a 12:8 record. Jolt was doing the best out of all of us. He was first in the Yellow Division with a 16:4 record. I'm actually in a battle right now. Let's see how I'm doing.

-In the battle

I fired dragon breath at my opponent, a magnemite, and that took him out. He fell out of the smoke and landed in a cloud of dust. "Chris is unable to battle, Anthony wins." The ref said, the crowd cheered. "Amazing Anthony completely dominates the battle and easily secures another win." The announcer shouted.

I walked out of the arena and headed towards the next arena to see Jolt's battle. Eventually I got in and found the others. "Hey guys." I said. They all said hi.

"Nice battle." Ivy said smiling.

"Thanks." I said smiling. "So, who is Jolt facing anyway?" I asked unsure.

"I think it's that rookie Chikorita, Leaf, I think is her name." Eve said.

"Isn't she one of the top rookies this year?" Bob asked.

"Yeah, she took down some big names." Amber said.

"I bet I could beat her." I said.

"In your dreams." Ivy said.

"Like you could either." I replied smiling, but Ivy was a little ticked.

"Quiet it's starting!" Eve angrily told us.

"Sorry." Ivy and I said.

"The fifth battle today will between LEAF SOLAR!" The crowd cheered. "And JOLT SPARKS!" The crowd cheered even louder.

"Let's go Jolt!" I shouted.

"You got this!" Bob shouted. The others cheered him on as well.

"Ready. BATTLE ON!" The announcer shouted.

No one's point of view.

Jolt used quick attack and Leaf countered with tackle. They collided, but Jolt had the edge and pushed Leaf back.

He then used thunderbolt, but Leaf countered with razor leaf. The leaves flew into the thunderbolt's path and created a barrier protecting Leaf and blocking thunderbolt. "What?!" She shouted shocked. Leaf took the opportunity to use magical leaf. Jolt's reaction was too slow and got bombarded with glowing leaves.

Jolt rolled on the ground after that. As he tried to get up Leaf then wrapped him in a vine whip and threw him in the air. Jolt spun, but quickly righted himself. Twisting his body in the air he threw an electro ball with his tail.

Leaf tried to counter it with razor leaf, but the two moves passed each other and hit their opponent. Two plumes a smoke were visible from where each competitor was. Jolt fell out of the smoke and landed on the ground. He was panting a little. The smoke around Leaf eventually cleared as well.

Leaf then attempted another vine whip, but Jolt was ready and instead he caught it. Leaf's eyes winded, realizing she made a mistake.

Jolt then pulled her towards him with her vine whip. Before Leaf could put on the brakes, Jolt hit her with a powerful iron tail. The force of the attack caused her to slid on the ground, while on her back. When she stopped sliding her leaf went limp and she had swirls in her eyes.

"Leaf is unable to battle. Jolt wins." The ref shouted.

Ant 's point of view

We all cheered when Jolt won. Eventually we made it down to the rest area and we all congratulated Jolt on his win. Then I noticed Leaf; Jolt noticed too because he said, "Hey Leaf." Following that by running to her.

"What do you want?" she said a little disappointed. I guess she was mad at herself for losing.

"That was a really good battle." Jolt said holding out his paw.

"Really?" She said brightening up a little.

"Yeah. I would have never thought to block thunderbolt with a razor leaf." Jolt said.

"Yeah I've never seen anything like that before." I added.

"Thanks." She said with a shy smile. I guess she must not get that much praise very often. "You're Anthony, right?" She asked.

"Yep, and that is my brother Bob, and she is Ivy. Who I'm sure you know of, and behind them is Amber and Eve." I said introducing the others.

"Nice to meet you all." She said.

"So, where did you get the idea for blocking thunderbolt with razor leaf?" Ivy asked.

"I was just training one day and it just came to me." Leaf explained.

"By yourself?" Amber asked concerned.

"Yeah, I don't have a lot of friends to help me train." Leaf said sadly.

"Well, you could train with us." Jolt said.

"Really?" Leaf asked.

"Of course." Jolt said. "Right guys?" He asked us and we all agreed.

"Thanks." She said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaf joins the crew, and the tournament is revving up.

Next time, Chapter 9: Obstacles.

Once again, please comment and vote. Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Or just tell me if you like it or not.

See ya later.