Chapter 34: Oh! Did I?

Raine Simmons- Blackwood

'Stay…'

'What?' I questioned as he pulled me towards him. He gaped at me, leaving my hand.

'You can stay here in this palace, with us, as long as you want. I realized, I hold no right to decide what you should do or shouldn't. So, I guess, I am asking you to stay.'

I shook. 'But, it's better for me, and y'all, if i stay back at my home.' he opened his mouth to stop me but i continued. 'And no, it's my decision, your majesty but I appreciate it.'

'But, I want you to stay,' he mumbled.

His very words stirred some emotions. My stomach did summersault and my breath caught in my throat.

'But you hate me.'

He shook, sighing. 'Did I ever tell you that?'

'No, but—'

'Yeah! I know, I did tell you some things then but that wasn't because I hate you. No! You didn't give me a reason to.' He shrugged. 'And, I was angry. But deep down I knew, you weren't at fault and you were forced into it too. If anyone's at fault, it is Rose.'

'Your majesty, there are many things that you don't know and I couldn't tell you that but I am afraid I have to stay away.'

He looked aggressive. 'You, staying alone at your home after all that's happened isn't right, Raine. I couldn't let you, after knowing all that. Because, a king protects his people or he's no king at all.'

And I took an oath to protect you, your family and the throne and I intend to keep my damn promise.

'But I can protect myself very well, your majesty.'

He glared, licking his lips, visibly annoyed. 'You know what? You will stay here. End of the discussion. It's getting late, You may leave now.' he ordered his part in a particularly strong tone that I couldn't help but nod.

'Good night, your majesty.'

'Good night, Simmons.'

"Yo Raine!!!! Snap out of your fantasies with my dumbass brother." Ed hit me, wiggling his eyebrows.

I coughed. "What? No!" I shook my head rapidly causing him to smirk. "Wipe that smirk off your face mister." I warned, poking his chest.

"Do not trouble her, vanilla bean." Mum snapped. "I know, she's thinking about Dario but—"

Loki and Lucy were looking at me intently, wagging their tails as if they agreed with both of them.

"Uff! I am Outta here." I rolled my eyes, walking away from both of them. They snickered, causing me to walk even faster.