Sacrifice (1)

After a little longer of silence the first video began to play on the screen.

Mostly everyone was confused as to why it started off with everyone being so sad but the main people who were confused the most were Diana and the people from 1953.

Diana was confused due to her overall presence in the video, also due to how sad she seemed. The rest of the people from 1953 were wondering why they were watching a video of only the people from the future. Then when they saw the portrait of older Elizabeth they realized that some of the people in the video were older versions of themselves.

Elizabeth was shocked at how cruel she had been to her oldest son but she also understood her future actions. This was a part of preparing for being the future king. Charles has to learn when to not speak and when to not do or feel anything like she had to learn and is still learning how to do.

Prince Charles now got to see the other side of things and understood where his mother was coming from but that didn't mean that he in any way agrees. He believes that if he is king he has a right to say and do as he pleases, and that he shouldn't do what people wanted but that it should be the other way around.

The whole audience was uncomfortable that all of their dirty laundry was being aired out for everyone to see, even stuff that hadn't happened yet. It was quite a change for them to go from keeping everything private to being on display for everyone to see.

Diana was seeing how Prince Charles's family could be cruel and unkind to him and she felt horrible about it. She wanted to go to him and hold his hand to let him know that she would always be there for him. But, he was sitting a few chairs away and she didn't want to draw attention because it might make him feel even worse if everyone was staring at him like a bug under a microscope.

Diana was shocked and overjoyed when she heard that not only did she marry the man she's fallen in love with but that she's also a mother. Diana's always wanted to be a mother and to have a caring and loving household filled with love and affection and it seems as though she's got it. Diana was beaming and she looked over at Charles and saw him smiling back at her.

Charles looked over at Camilla with sadness on his face. He somehow thought that they would find a way to work it out and to finally be with one another. He would've done anything to make Camilla his wife, but he knows his duty and it wouldn't be that horrible to live his life with her. Although, he would still miss Camilla and long to be with her, he was glad that at least now he was with someone who wasn't completely boring and someone who is beautiful. While he was thinking he felt eyes on him so he turned to see Diana smiling brightly at him and he couldn't help but give a small smile in return.

The mood for the seemingly happy couple quickly changed when they saw what was to come next. They saw themselves fighting with each other and making each other miserable. Yet, the worst was yet to come.

On the other side of the theatre Margaret was sitting there wondering what happened to her and Peter. She asked herself why she would ever date let alone marry another man. She thought that he was the one.

Queen Elizabeth II was sad that her children weren't happy in their marriages. Although she was happy that even though she may not have created miracles in her future time as Queen at least she was able to provide comfort for the country and not let in go into complete chaos.

Everyone was shocked to see what lays under that veil that the Queen puts up at all times. Even the family were shocked because though they were the closest to her no one truly knew the whole story when it came to her feelings and thoughts.

Elizabeth knew that as Queen she would have to hide everything she felt away but she was afraid of it. She was afraid that if she kept bottling up everything at some point the bottle would brake. And she did no want it to break in the wrong moment, or at all.

Philip could see the wheels turning in his wife's eyes and he knew what she must've been thinking. So, he put his hand over hers and whispered so no one else heard, "it's alright darling" and gave her a side look before smiling gently. Elizabeth instantly felt a bit better and returned the soft smile. She took in a deep breath as to ready herself for what was to come next.

Everyone in the royal family was shocked that the former king Edward was mentioned in the video. Everyone knew it was taboo to even talk about him especially near the royal family so it was a shock that he would've been featured. Although, Elizabeth and Charles didn't mind much because they both thought he deserved a second chance.

Most of the rest of the video was the basic stuff that you either knew was happening or assumed to be happening based on all the pressure out on them. Although the scene where Philip speaks about Charles and Anne being switched hit hard for Charles. He was glad that at least his mother stood up for him but it still was a hard thing to hear coming from your own father. Anne already knew she was a tomboy and didn't mind what other people thought of her on that subject, but she knew that her brother definitely was not okay with being called feminine.

Philip knew that he might've crossed a line saying that, knowing how that could wound an ego, especially a man's ego. He still stood by his statement though, he believed that Charles should have thick skin and be able to take a comment like that. Especially if he were to be king. Philip knew that the higher you are in rank the more people want to judge and scrutinize you. And being a monarch was the highest of them all and he would be criticized for every single thing he did, whether it was good or bad. So in Philips mind he was actually helping his son and preparing him for what's to come.

Diana also looked over at him, feeling bad about what was said. She knew that they would obviously have problems in the future but that didn't matter now because nothing had happened yet and in the end of the day she loved him.

(A/N)
Hi! I hope you enjoyed I worked hard on this one and tried to make the characters react in the way they would've actually reacted. Anyways hope you enjoyed. Byeeee!!!