~ Part 2 ~

Dragon ~ Part 2

Words: 1307

Three pairs of eyes snapped in my direction and I hid back behind the tree.

"Who's there?" Silver eyes called out. I shut my eyes in frustration, praying that they wouldn't come over. Unfortunately I heard footsteps.

"Show yourself or we'll attack!" Emerald eyes warned. I decided it was a good time to use my shadow trick, since it was getting darker it was a lot easier to hide. I let my body sink and become one with the shadows, hidden from the three strangers. Once they reached my hiding place they looked around in confusion. I moved so I became part of Emerald eyes' shadow and carefully copied his movements.

"Where did they go? I swore I could sense a presence!" Blue eyes asked in confusion.

"I still can ... in fact they're very close ... almost as if they were right ... behind me ..." Before he completely turned around I jumped out of his shadow and took off running into the forest at top speed.

"THERE! I saw it move, that way!" Silver eyes exclaimed and I heard three pairs of footsteps following quickly behind me. I let out a frustrated groan and took a sharp turn and up into a tree.

"Whoa, they're quick!" Emerald eyes breathed and stopped under the tree I was in. I panted but tried to keep it quiet. "I can sense them here."

I saw the sun was setting but the changing angle meant my own shadow would be on show soon. I bit my lip and took a risk. I summoned a fire ball and threw it far, satisfied when it set a tree on fire a good distance away. "There!" Silver eyes pointed out and went in that direction.

I took the opportunity to jump from the tree and shift into my dragon as soon as was sure they weren't following me. I flew towards home at a rapid pace, my heart beating fast and wild. I had found them, the other dragon shifters. So what should I do then? What should I say? What would happen next?

Just as I was ten minutes away from home I heard the beat of wings and began to panic - they were catching up. I turned my head to see them flying in my direction even though they were quite far away. They hadn't noticed me yet but there was no where I could go - it was too late. As soon as they spotted me, they all stopped and hovered over the trees a good distance away. I stared at them, my gold eyes wide and my wings beating nearly as fast as my heart.

In a state of panic, I turned and flew upwards, trying to hide myself in the blackening sky. Since I was a black dragon it would be hard for them to spot me - especially when my power was hiding in the darkness. I soon heard their wings close by and knew they were getting closer. I flew higher, trying to make as little noise with my movements as possible.

Suddenly a shot of blue fire just flew over my head. I looked down to see the blue dragon come flying towards me at full speed and a green one on its tail. I growled at the thought of them finding me and knew that if I stayed in dragon form they'd ram into me. I thought fast and shifted into human form, my body immediately hurtling towards the ground and past the two dragons. Their eyes widened when they saw me shooting towards the surface at a rapid pace. They went for a dive after me and I saw the silver one flying towards me, ready to catch me.

Glaring in frustration I let my body evaporate into black smoke and fell straight through his talons as he went to snatch me then shifted back. I looked behind me to see the blue and green dragon still diving towards me. I was feeling confused, what was I doing? Why was I running away? Hadn't I been wanting to find them all this time? Were they attacking me?

The thoughts soon vanished as, before I impacted the ground, I changed into my dragon form and swooped low across the trees. I looked behind me to see the blue and green dragon having a hard time to lift up and follow me but the white one was back on my tail, chasing me. Having had enough of the chase I dived into the trees and into a clearing beside a river. I stood in a defensive stance as the white dragon swooped down and landed in front of me, raising his shackles and growling. I roared back and blew a black flame in warning, creating a small barrier between us. The blue and green dragon landed beside him and glared at me in warning.

The green dragon shifted into the emerald eyed boy. "STOP! We just want to talk!" He exclaimed, putting his hands up in surrender. I glared at him, if they wanted to talk why did they try to attack me? I didn't change out of my dragon form because I didn't feel so safe yet. "Can you shift please?" He asked.

I growled in reply, spitting sparks in disagreement. The white dragon growled and the blue one nudged him in warning. "Are you a dragon shifter?" Emerald eyes asked. I didn't say anything. I didn't do anything. All I wanted to do was leave - run away like the coward I was. So that's what I attempted to do. I turned and started to run and pick up speed to take off. Before I could push off the ground though I was tackled and both our dragon bodies rolled across the ground. The sudden impact caused both of us to shift  and two human bodies collapsed and rolled across the dirt.

"PHIL!" Emerald eyes yelled and I winced as a pain went through my arm. I glared at this 'Phil' who groaned and tried to get up. I jumped to my feet and went to run but he grabbed my arm to stop me. I let out a frustrated growl and grabbed his hand and swung him round, taking him by surprise. I got him in a headlock then kicked his back, pinning him to the ground. I heard two pairs of footsteps sprinting towards us.

I looked down to see a pair of wide azure eyes staring back at me. He studied my face before taking my image in. He seemed to be mesmerized for a second, much like I had been when I first got a glimpse of him. "Let him go!" a voice warned, snapping us both out of it. I turned to see Silver eyes standing over us, arms folded whilst emerald eyes looked ready to separate a fight.

"We didn't want trouble okay?" Emerald eyes tried to assure.

"Shut up PJ, he attacked us!" Silver eyes exclaimed. I frowned and jumped off of Phil, taking a few steps back.

"I attacked you? Can't a guy fly anywhere with out being chased and cornered?" I yelled. Phil got to his feet, brushing himself off.

"Calm down Chris, he didn't attack us." He reassured. 'Chris' scoffed and folded his arms. I took a deep breath and regained my calm composure. I had a reputation to uphold as well, I was part of the council.

"Shouldn't you be at the meeting?" I asked.

"That's where we were heading genius! Who are you to tell us that?" Chris growled.

"Calm down Chris, he's harmless." PJ warned. I scowled at Chris, not really liking him on first introduction.

I was about to answer when I was suddenly grabbed and put behind someone. I was shocked to see James there, looking ready to kill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~HelloAnonymousWriter~