~ Part 4 ~

Dragon ~ Part 4

Words: 2174

I was sat on a panel with the other six leaders. Chris, Phil and PJ stood in front us, heads bowed respectfully. My father, James, sat in the middle. I could practically see him seething an worried for the dragons' fate. I wanted him to admit to what had happened - why I hadn't known about them. Why he refused to tell me. He looked about ready to tear into them but suddenly his steely gaze was on me.

"Daniel please leave." He spoke sharply.

I glared at him. "No way, there's absolutely no fucking way I'm missing out on this. I'm a dragon shifter like them - anything you say to them is relevant to me." I fired back. 

James looked ready to argue before Jenny cleared her throat, gave me a kind look before flicking James' ear. "Control yourself. This is an official meeting. You have to be professional. Daniel you may stay but be warned that this situation won't be taken lightly." Jenny spoke calmly. I nodded seriously. I wanted to know what was happening. James glared at the three dragons and kept quiet. 

Sam spoke up next - feeling the need to get the meeting started. "The truth has been tiptoed round for a long time. Dragons, why do you confront us about the situation?" He asked. I scowled as he didn't reveal what the 'situation' was.

PJ glanced at me and gave a reassuring smile. I smiled back despite not knowing him too well, it looked like they were on my side which I was grateful for. "Well ..." He began, taking position as the dragons' leader temporarily. "As you all know the shifting community has been in shambles for a number of years now-"

"We are well aware." James snapped. My eyes widened - I wasn't well aware. It was never brought up in council meetings. Why would such a problem be kept off radar?

PJ jut smiled calmly before continuing, "Yes of course. So, as I was saying the war between the werewolves and the shifters has been occurring for many years now." PJ continued to insinuate, looking directly at me. I was in shock - I thought the werewolves were peaceful amongst the shifting community. I looked at the council leaders. One or two shifted uncomfortably whilst the remaining ones seemed to scowl at the facts being said aloud. "With such a big problem at hand us shifters are left to question the council's involv-"

"You question us boy?" James almost snarled. PJ looked frustrated with being interrupted. 

"What else is there to do when you disband little effort to help us? Us dragons have been searching for our lost brother to help the shifter community. Yet you've kept the information of his whereabouts from us for years!" He paused and all eyes shifted to me for a moment before he continued. "It's left us to question the loyalties of the council and why you haven't stepped in further to help smooth out this war." PJ asked angrily. I stared in surprise at the council leaders. Why hadn't they helped those innocent people? James looked particularly angry. 

"We will not stand to be insulted by you." Sam snipped.

"It's not  a case of insulting your honour." Chris retorted, "We are simply asking why you refuse to take part in this war. Why did you hide the fourth dragon away when he could have helped us achieve peace?" Chris asked, looking incredibly angry. Again, I was in shock. I could have helped prevent war? Why didn't they tell me?

"As much as we understand your frustration dragons," A leader named Celine answered more calmly than the others, "you must understand that we have an alliance with the werewolf and shifter community. To take sides means harming relationships with both sides as well as harming other communities in war that don't wish to take part." She explained. 

"Harming relationships?!" Chris exclaimed furiously. His eyes flashed silver and the council members visibly tensed. Phil, although looking angry himself, walked up to Chris and put a comforting hand on Chris' shoulder. As soon as he made contact the boy visibly relaxed and the anger drained away - his silver eyes disappearing with it. I felt that small twinge of jealousy once again but curiosity as well since it seemed more to be a supernatural element than a form of comfort.