|8| TRUCE |:|

It was a charming and surprisingly elegant establishment considering it was positioned right on the Bayou. Half floating, half connected to the land, it bobbed slightly with the slow current. It was picturesque approaching the old but well maintained building. Wild surrounded it and though it looked like it was set apart from that, it also look unnaturally kept, perfectly blended in, but also standing out. Vile crept up the paneled sides, Willows loomed over head allowing their wispy hair to shield the fading sunlight. The murky mud fragrance was over powered by the smell of creole and Cajun seasonings as he got closer to the structure. People milled about, coming and going. The road was a bit of a walk through the paved property, forcing to approach it from one way, forcing you to pay attention. He could easily see alligators or other wildlife meeting you on your trek if you weren't mindful of your surroundings.

He felt it once he stepped inside. The vibrant energy hat surrounded him was blown away like a great wind took it. Panic started for just a minute until he felt his power, though small buzzing inside him.

"You'll get it back when you leave."

He looked to his left and saw an older woman near the cash register. He eyes never looked his way which made him look around to see if she was indeed talking to him.

"Excuse me?"

She looked up at that, her light colored eyes, almost grey almost brown gazed at him with a calm sort of look as she took him in. "No magic allowed in my restaurant. Spell just holds it safe at the door for you when you leave."

"Spell?"

She moved her head slightly, but her eyes did all the talking. "Witch like you should know a spell. Though you might go by warlock."

How did she know?

"She's been around for a long time, she has."

He frowned. Did he say that outloud?

"No, he didn't, but she has gifts of her own." That statement was accompanied by a slight smirk.

He wasn't sure why, but he smiled too at that. There was something about her that he liked.

"I'm familiar with spell work, I just didn't know--" His words caught in his throat when his attention was called toward the bar on the other side of the room. He didn't have to be told to know who was eyeing him from across the way.

The beautiful witch was perched elegantly on a stool. He couldn't make out the detail in her ensemble, but he was already pulled into her dark beauty. She sipped gingerly on a martini but her eyes never left him.

The older woman's laughter brought his attention back to her. "You know the Lady I take it?"

"I do." Know was a relative term, right?

The older woman's strange colored eyes twinkled. "You have a reservation?"

"I do. Dresden."

She checked her list. "Alright then, right this way." She paused and caught is attention. "Mind this step." The woman set the menus down on the table located in a dropped down portion of the establishment, right when Lady Harper flounced over.

"You two enjoy ya meal, now."

"Always, Ma. Thank you." The two women shared cheek kisses and the older woman walked off leaving him alone with his Lady." Now he was close enough to notice every detail about her. Her deep brown eyes assessed him, guarded, skeptical. Clearly she was still frightened of him even though he was virtually powerless in this place. Her dress was mostly purple, a deep purple expressing the magickal royalty that she knew she was. Green detailing with black lace accentuated her bust and made an elegant embroidery at the bottom of the fitted cocktail dress. He thought he was a tad overdressed, but seeing her he was grateful for his Old English smugness. Her make-up was dark, seductive and held the same purple and green in the color of her eyeshadow. Those melted chocolate eyes gazed at him, a complete mystery, one that he had to, even against centuries of warning, uncover. He took her free hand, the one not clasping to the martini glass and pressed his lips to her knuckles. Had he not learned the first time?