Eighteen

On Saturday, Calix showed up at four in the afternoon, leaning in the doorway in his signature leather jacket and smirk. He stood up straight, walking into the house, and turned to face me as I leaned against the door, grinning.

"Go grab your jacket and purse, we're going on a date," he demanded. "But leave your wallet here. Dress extra cute for me, yeah?"

"Oh, yeah?" I asked, looking down at my black yoga pants and t-shirt. "This isn't cute enough for you?"

"While I appreciate the yoga pants, I think you might want to change for where we're going," Calix said with a wink. "Not fancy, just cute."

"Pshh," I waved him off. "I'm always cute. Sit down, I'll be down in a few minutes, okay?"

Cal nodded, and sat on a stool against the kitchen island, pulling out his cell phone and opening it to text Damien. 

I ran up the stairs, excited, and looked out the window at the unusual weather. Winter Break started just yesterday, but instead of the snow we had come to expect, the sky was free of clouds, free of rain, and the weather was at a weirdly warm 59 degrees. 

I changed into a pair of dark skinny jeans, a long sleeved fitted striped black and white shirt, a denim button up, and a black infinity scarf. I stepped into my tan leather combat boots, lacing them up and grabbing my tan over the shoulder purse. I ran the straightener through my already mostly straight hair, pulling half of it up into a ponytail, applied mascara, and then dark red lipstick- not too much, of course. 

I jogged down the stairs, nabbing my phone from the small table, and stepped into the kitchen. "I'm ready," I said, as Calix spun around to face me. He grinned, and slowly dragged his eyes up and down my body. 

"Uh, yes you are," he said, and stood up to walk over to me. I grinned, and reached up to set my hands on his cheeks. He leaned down, but before his lips could tap mine, Elijah walked in, and sent him a deep glare, stopping Calix in his tracks. "Your brother really hates me," he whispered, leaning down to my ear. 

"I know he does," I agreed, looking into his deep golden eyes. "Makes me like you even more." 

Elijah scoffed, and rolled his eyes, throwing the fridge open. "If you're going to keep having eye sex, would you please leave? Some of us are trying to live a normal life free from disgusting teenagers." 

"Oh, gee," I sighed. "We're making Elijah uncomfortable. We better go." 

Calix chuckled, taking my hand and leading me out to the car. We drove to a cute little restaurant about a mile outside of town; a small Italian place with a menu filled with pasta and real Italian pizza. 

"Oh, I want it all," I whimpered, biting my lip as I read the menu. "It all looks perfect."

"How about this," Calix said, scanning the menu as well. "I'll get one thing, and you get another, and we just share?"