Prologue: 'ETHEREAL.'

Desiree was dancing when he walked into the strip club

She danced around the silver pole, enticing the mass of perverted, egotistical men that watched and threw money at her. She commanded the eyes of them all. But somehow, he pulled her attention away from them and refused to let it go. His tall frame towered over others. His body was clearly built, yet covered in a large, black hoodie.

Somehow... she could see his face clearly.

Despite the commotion of the crowd, and the flashing green and red neon lights. Despite the fact that he was trying to hide. She could just see him, as clear as day. His jawline was sharp as he grit his teeth. His nose ring shimmered under the lights, silver and expensive. And his eyes were narrowed into frustrated slits, two pools of red and black.

'How peculiar. How haunting. How mesmerizing.'

Desiree couldn't look away from him. Her chest went tight. Her movements slowed. And her eyes widened with shock. Somehow, she felt as though she was being drawn in, trapped by his gaze. Even though he seemed unimpressed. Even though it looked like he didn't want to be there. She couldn't look away. She even wanted to, but she could not. Especially, when he finally met her gaze. A strange, overwhelming feeling of lust washed over her. Nothing else seemed to matter when this stranger looked at her.

She wanted to jump off the stage and run to him. To kneel in front of him. An anomaly, considering that she never bowed to anyone. That she would never submit to anyone. Especially, that on the inside, she despised everyone who walked into this club. Every single customer.

Her neck was stiff as he stepped closer, never looking away from her. He didn't stop until he was seated in front of her. And though he sat, he still managed to tower over her. Others looked at him with jealousy and fear, but she didn't see them. Her body seemed to move on its own as she danced for him. As she stepped closer to him and dangled on the edge.

Being near this man made her feel high. Touching him was electric. When she pried herself off the stage and situated herself across his thighs, a gasp of pure pleasure escaped her.

'What is this feeling? He hasn't even touched me...'

He just looked at her, taking in her luscious. mocha skin, barely covered by the thin, black lingerie. She met his gaze again, her dark brown eyes wide and glossy with need. She didn't say a word, but somehow, she was pleading with him. Begging him to touch her, to feel her.

He gave nothing away. No sign to tell if he was feeling the same thing. But when he finally touched, and his firm large hands gripped her ass, she was a goner. A startled moan escaped her and her eyes crossed as strange vibration rippled across her skin, thickening her flesh and moistening her cunt.

The sound pulled something from him. A deep, demonic-sounding growl. One that scared her, just a bit. He leaned down, gripping her hair as he whispered in her ear.

"I've chosen you."

She didn't understand what that meant, but at that moment it didn't matter. His dark, velvety voice captivated her. It was captivating, ethereal, euphonic-she swore that this was what the devil would sound like.

And that is the end of the Prologue. No this does not mean I'm starting the book now, but I was feeling the vibe so I thought to give y'all a little taste. Thoughts??? Let me hear them in the comments section below and do vote if you enjoyed it. Until next time, my lovelies 😏

 Until next time, my lovelies 😏