Chapter Two: 'PAIN AND CONFUSION.'

The warm husk of the dark abyss ignited in the fire

The warm husk of the dark abyss ignited in the fire. A wild, unending flame that burned everything in sight. The brittle ground and the bones that lay on the top. Once the fire reached the dead corpses, they sprung to life and screamed. In unison, they cried for mercy and suffered in the silence that followed.

It was a melody that Asmodeus used to enjoy, but he could not focus long enough to do so. He sipped the blood from the shiny, silver glass, tasting ecstasy on his lips. But his lips desired more than the warm burst of flavor. He wanted to taste her. To hear her. He desired more. He desired her. The woman he'd left alive. She was all he could think about, and it angered him to his core.

'What the fuck is wrong with me?! '

He scratched his head, stunned by this sudden attraction to the mortal woman. But then again, the experience he had with her was anything but ordinary. She made him unnaturally aroused. That intensity was something he's never felt before, much less with a being of planet earth. He simply wanted to drain her, but his cock stiffened at the very sight of her. The moment he laid eyes on her, he just had to have her before she died.

'But she didn't die. She fucking me off. What the fuck was that?! '

That light was of a supernatural sense, but one he's never seen before. Every being he'd encountered in his centuries of life, doesn't match what she did. He was accustomed to the heat, but that beam was what he thought the sun would feel like. She wasn't mortal, she couldn't be. The confusion when it came to her did something to him. Something that's never happened to any of his kind.