Chapter 1

"It's time to wake up,it's time to wake up,.....",I woke up to the constant beeping sound of my phone's alarm clock.After stopping the alarm,I was going to sleep again for another one hour but somehow restricted myself from doing that blunder and got up from my bed.Well I wouldn't be absolutely wrong if I say I have sleep Dysania(A medical condition where you simply can't get out of bed for about 1 to 2 hours after you wake up).Maybe this is one of the side effects of leading a depressed life or to be very apt,side effects of having a broken heart.

After completing my morning workout,I went to the drawing room."Good morning Mumma Papa",I greeted my mom and dad.
"Good morning beta",they greeted me back.
"So what is your schedule today,are you going to your private chamber",dad asked me.Though he was conversing with me his eyes were glued to the headlines in the newspaper which he was reading.This particular habit of my father irritated me very much.Actually,to be very honest,I don't like people concentrating on other works specially when they are talking to me.
"I don't have any idea about my schedule dad,Arundhati knows it probably",I answered.Arundhati is my Personal Assistant.She knows and keeps each and every minute details about me,my patients and even their families as well.
"And what about attending today's function",my mom said handing me a cup of black coffee.
"Which function?",I asked munching on the chicken sandwiches prepared by my mother.
Mom:"Priyam's baby shower ceremony."
Me:"Mom please."
Mom:"What please Sana,your mashi has requested me to take you."
Me:"And I am requesting you not to take me."
Mom:"But your mashi is deliberately asking me to take you to the baby shower."
Me:"Why is she requesting you so much,I mean whatever her daughter has done wasn't that enough".
Mom:"No Sana she was just calling you so that",her words were cut short by me.
"So that the people present in the function,I mean her relatives can taunt me and tell me that I am an infer....",I couldn't utter the word.And that was enough for me,I couldn't take the conversation anymore,I was not short tempered,but the word baby was enough to trigger my mind.I dashed to my room leaving the half eaten sandwiches on the plate."Sana stop,I said stop,your mashi had no intentions of hurting you",I could hear my mom saying.This has become the regular scenario of my life now.I knew I was trying to escape my reality just like a loser does,but what else can I do I was tired of fighting with my harsh reality,a reality of mine which I couldn't accept,a reality which snatched every sorts of happiness from my life.

I was feeling claustrophobic in my house,so I thought of getting ready. After getting ready,I called Arundhati and told her to get ready so that I can pick her up on my way to the nursinghome.
"Bye dad,I will return home a little late today",I told my dad.Mom was sitting inside her bedroom and was not in a mood to speak with me.I was really feeling guilty to spoil her mood.
"Beta,forget about the argument you had with your mom and go to the nursinghome with a fresh mind.I know you are going through a emotional turmoil.The last eight months have been really tough for you.But at the end of the day,remember you are a doctor,a reputed orthodontist and your patients rely on you,they trust you.So never disappoint them,even if you are going through the hardest point of your life.It's your duty to serve them and I know you will carry out your duty well",my father said.My father was always a pro at understanding my emotions.
"I will never disappoint them and you dad"was all I could say.My inner soul was constantly forcing me to go to my dad,hug him tightly and tell him about my problems just the way I used to do when I was a child.But I can't do that now,I have grown up now and I need to overcome the obstacles in my life without anyone's help.I stopped myself from having an emotional breakdown in front of my father and left my house as fast as I could.

"Good morning madam",my driver said as soon as I entered into the car."Good morning Kushal kaka(uncle)",I greeted him.He started the car after I completed checking my bag for the last time to ensure whether I have taken everything or not.We picked up Arundhati from her home on our way to the nursinghome.
"Ma'am do you have any important work today",she asked me checking through the list of patients who were supposed to come today.
"Why?"
"No ma'am,actually you have shifted the dates of some patients and also cancelled your visit to some nursinghomes."
"Yes,actually I have to go to a place and please don't tell mom and dad about it okay."
"Okay ma'am."
We reached the nursing home.The receptionists and the hospital stuffs greeted me good morning and I also greeted them back.I went to my chamber along with Arundhati and asked her to call the patients one by one into my chamber.
The first patient to enter was Muskan Sharma,a cute little girl.She came with her grandmother.Muskan was just three years old when her parents got divorced and neither of them wanted to take her responsibility,so her grandparents had to volunteer.They had been taking care of her from that time.
"Hello Doctor Aunty,"she said with a beautiful smile as soon as she entered my chamber.Kids and their smiling faces are enough to uplift your depressed mood.Their one smile can make even you feel very cheerful and happy.Luckiest are the women who are blessed with the capability to produce a child.
"Hi Muskan,"I said.
"Doctor Aunty,I don't like wearing braces please open them,please,"she requested me to open her braces which she was wearing.Muskan was suffering from malocclusion,her teeth were misaligned.Specially the teeth in her upper jaw.Her upper jaw consisted of crooked teeth.
"That's not possible baby and you look good with braces right."
"No but I can't eat chicken properly due to this braces,"I burst into a fit of laughter after hearing her words along with Arundhati and her grandmother.
"Dekhiye na doctor ji,yeh kuchh nhi khati aajkal,"her grandmother said looking at her.
"Why Muskan why don't you eat anything,if you don't eat anything then I will not open your braces before one year,"I said.
"No doctor aunty,please don't do that,I promise I will eat everything from now on,I promise"Muskan said.
"God promise?"I asked her.
"Yes,God promise"she answered.
"Okay now come and sit on the chair,"I asked her to come and sit on the dental engine.
"Aunty ji she needs some more settings and after that her teeth will be perfect,"I said examining her teeth.Her teeth have improved a lot in the past three months.
"Thik hai doctor ji",her grandmother replied.
"Okay Muskan bye and take care."
"Bye doctor aunty,"Muskan said before leaving my chamber.
After Muskan left,I asked Arundhati to call the next patient.She called the next set of patients and they came into my chamber one by one.After checking my next set of patients I packed all of my things and came out of my chamber.

"Oyee Sana wait,"I heard someone calling me from the back while I was walking through the corridor.I understood that the person was none other than my best friend Dr Meghna Bose.She was a dentist by profession.
"Eto taratari beriye jachchis ajke,kothao jachchis"(You are going out so early today,are you going somewhere).
"Haa ekta jaygay"(Yes to a place).
"Where are you going?"she asked me.
"To a doctor,"I replied.
"Why,I mean are you okay?"
"Yep,I am absolutely fine."
"Then."
"Meghna I am sorry,I can't tell you now where I am going."I apologised to her.I know she is my best friend,she knows each and every secrets of mine but how can I tell her that I am going to a neuropsychiatrist.The mental health stigma and the thoughts which comes to people's mind after hearing the word psychiatrist prevented me from telling her the truth.
"It's okay baba,absolutely okay, don't take pressure,"she said.
"Sana,can I tell you something."
"Yes,why not."
"Give your life a second chance see that bast*rd is leading a happy married life now along with his pregnant wife.Why don't you forget your past and try to move on."
"I have forgotten my past Meghna or you can say I am trying to forget it probably.Everything requires time Meghna and please don't ask me to give my life a second chance,you know it very well that I am no one to give a second chance to my life rather I should say life should give a second chance to me."
"I know Sana,no one can change your condition except the almighty.I just pray to God from the bottom of my heart that he gives you everything that you deserve in your life."
"Thanks Meghna.Okay now I have to leave or else I will get late.Bye."
"Bye,have a good day."she said.After bidding her goodbye,I went to the parking area of the nursing home along with Arundhati and told Kushal kaka to start the car.He started the car.We dropped Arundhati at her house.After dropping her at her house,I guided driver uncle by reading out the directions to the nursing home given in Google map to him and he drove accordingly following my instructions.

***********
Hi readers,thought of writing something different this time rather than the typical love stories.Do click on the 🌟 button if you liked my story and also encourage me through your comments.