Chapter 2 - hands

The bell rang and the usual time of 3:30 pm. Reagan and I decided to meet up at the front entrance of the school, as we both had to gather our belonging before leaving. I shoved my stuff into my back pack and started my walk to the front doors. Reagan was already waiting for me.

"You're finally here, you took too long." Reagan joked.

"Screw off!" I snapped back at her. "We have to go pick up my brother from school before we go to my place."

"Alright we best get going then." she smiled.

We walked in silence most of the way to my brother's school, which was fairly awkward.

We arrived at the school, My mum had told me he would be at the office waiting for me but her explanation was vague so I wasn't sure why. We walked up to the front door and I opened it. I held the door open for Reagan to enter in behind me. I had looked straight forward to see my 9-year-old brother sitting in a chair beside the office desk. He was all bruised and scratched, which wasn't unusual for any of the three of us, but seeing my younger brother all beaten up made me sick and sad at the same time. Miko had seen i was standing there and ran up to me with tears streaming down his face as he swung his arms around me. I embraced him in my arms, trying not to cry myself.

I signed out my brother at the office desk, before leaving.

We walked for about ten minutes, which left about 15 until we got to my house. At this point, I couldn't tell if Reagan had left or not. She hadn't said a word. I didn't know whether or not to ask if she was okay. Maybe she just didn't know what to say. Ya know what, ill just ask if she's okay, I don't feel like dealing with spiraling thoughts.

I was just about to speak when my dumbass brother asked a dumbass question.

"Sooo~ is this your secret lover, Aryn?" He asked slurring his voice slightly.

"No she's not my girlfriend, and don't ask me that again."
"I mean you to look like you're dating," he replied slyly.

"Me and her? are you fucking joking?" I snapped. "I would never date her."

"Sure~" He slurred his voice again.

"We aren't even friends. Dammit!" I started to chase him down the road to my house. After I finally caught up to him and put him in a chokehold. "Are you done teasing me and Reagan."

"F-fine-" Miko replied trying to catch his breath.

"Woah, don't you think you're being too rough, Aryn?"Reagan asked me concerned.

"You must be an only child, right?" I asked. I let go of Miko and stretched my arms out.

"Would make sense," Miko chimed in, whilst rubbing his neck.

"No, I actually have 3 older siblings," Reagan said with her head held high.

"Well, how old are they?" Miko questioned her.

She paused for a moment.

"Uh.. 22, 25, and 27, I think," She replied dropping her head.

"It's the age difference. The 4 of you were all to separate in age." I said, "It would explain why you act like an only child."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" she got slightly agitated.

"It means you pretty much don't have siblings," Miko said, as he put a lollipop in his mouth.

"Gimme one," I demanded my brother.

"Nope," He flipped me off then he ran down the street, the rest of the way home.