𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6

Biana P.O.V

"Wait!" Biana yelled at Sophie. 

But it was too late. She was already in the void. Gasps and panicked murmurs ran through the crowd. The Council tried to calm the crowd down, but the rumours spread faster than the wind.

"I told you she was a freak," Someone whispered to their friend.

Biana swung her head around to find two girls with blonde hair and sky blue eyes whispering to each other.

"Shut it," She told them bitterly.

The girls scowled and scurried off. Biana, her friends, the Collective and the Council back at Everglen to discuss the "Foster Fiasco," as Keefe called it, and come up with plans to bring her back.

"The Neverseen did something to Sophie. There's no way she would do anything like that willingly," Mr. Forkle insisted.

Now that got her attention. Rarely did Mr. Forkle call anyone by their first name.

Councillor Bronte pinched the bridge of his nose. "Dex, have you gotten anything from the records?"

Biana glanced back at Dex. The Council wanted to know who the other kids with Sophie were, so it might be easier to track Sophie down. But unsurprisingly, Dex shook his head.

"Whoever they were, they weren't Elves. And I already asked Annalise if the Shagwyn kept records, but she told me they hadn't kept any records since the King died," Dex told the Council.

"It would be useful if we knew why Sophie called Swan Song." Biana's dad muttered, getting up to pace.

Biana's brow furrowed. "What if they took her memories?" She asked.

Keefe tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

"It would explain why she called Swan Song. They could want Sophie to work for her. So they shattered her memories," She repeated with tears in her eyes.

Fitz took her hand to make her look at him in the eyes. "That's just a possibility. We can't jump to conclusions... last time we did that, we had it all wrong." He said quietly.

Biana nodded. "I just miss her,"

"We all do," Tam agreed. A/N Do you guys want me to ship Bam? (Biana + Tam)

Mr. Forkle cleared his throat. "We have much to figure out. How about you kids go upstairs and discuss matters of your own."

Biana sighed but nodded. That was basically the adult way of saying, "Get out of my hair."

Once Biana stalked into her room, she plopped onto the bed in a starfish position.

"Do you really think they shattered Foster's memories?" Keefe asked, sitting on one of her fluffy chairs.

"What else could it be?" Biana replied, sitting up so her friends would have room.

"The Neverseen could be threatening her," Linh thought out loud, taking the spot beside Biana.

"That wouldn't explain why she called Swan Song," Biana argued.

Fitz bit his lip. "For all we know, she was forced to call Swan Song."

Biana raised an eyebrow in response.

"Okay, maybe not the best example, but you get the idea," Fitz agreed.

"You know what we need?" Keefe asked.

"For the Neverseen to leave Sophie alone?" Tam guessed.

Keefe's eyes narrowed. "No, I was going to say, we need a break. I mean, it's not like we're getting anywhere. A break might be able to clear our minds,"

"A break? Like, act like the Neverseen didn't take Sophie, potentially had her memories erased, showed up with a group of kids at an announcement about her, then disappear again for who knows how long? Great plan, Keefe," Dex said with sarcasm dripping from his voice.

Keefe rolled his eyes. "Listen. Why can't we just head to the cafe in mysterium and take a break from all of this chaos? If you want, we can still plan on how to get Foster back, but shouldn't we try to clear our minds? Plus, I'm really craving mallowmelt."

Biana bit her lip. "Keefe has a point. Remember when Sophie was on the run, and I was really stressed out? It really cleared my mind when we had some fun. It's only a quick trip anyways."

"See? If even the grumpy Biana agrees with me-" Keefe started, but Biana cut him off. 

"Don't make me regret it," She threatened.

Keefe threw his hands in the air. "Yes, mam!"

And with that, they left to go to mysterium. Once they got there, there were stares and whispers- most likely from the scene from the announcement- but Biana couldn't care less. 

A/N Happy chapter! ♪(^∇^*) Have an amazing day, my little Bees!