SAMPLE - CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

FOUR

"Four, you did so well tonight," The young woman in my arms bellowed through my ear in a sultry tone, her breath fanning my sideburns lightly while she drunkenly dangled herself on me. As I made my way around in an attempt to dodge reporters, she collided with me. Introductions were brief after getting off the field, but to the eye, the girl was beautiful and fit.

As I looked down at her, I was unsure if she had a few drinks within her system, but she had begun to slur her words a bit. I sighed to myself. After the win tonight for the university, I wanted nothing more than to take a girl to my bed, have a smoking session to relieve my nerves and go to sleep.

Any girl would do. I didn't care, but I hesitated if my pick for tonight was right.

"Yo, Four! Great game, man. We're really making a name for ourselves around here!" The quarterback of the team and one of my close friends, Tremaine Wright, expressed, sticking his hand out to do our signature handshake.

I switched my weight to speak to him. Trey's eyes darted to the woman on my arm, but he said nothing about her, although a questionable eyebrow raised on his face.

As more players were getting off the field, girls circled around us, waiting for us to sign shirts or make plans to celebrate the win for tonight. I wasn't in much of a partying mood. Instead, I wanted to have a few drinks, light up a blunt and then take this broad home with me.

"You killed it out there, bro," I told Trey. He removed his helmet, revealing his honey-colored locs that were damp from sweat.

Our coach was speaking to a reporter with a few of my teammates. One thing I hated the most was the cameras. It was enough that I was well-known around campus and the town, but I hated seeing gossip about myself in newspapers or blogs. Of course, many things were fabricated and dramatized, but other things were true. For example, gossip reports relating to my weekly choices of bedmates were always a topic of discussion, but could you imagine my mother reading a blog about her son smashing random girls week after week? Not to mention the arbitrary relationship promise delusions that consumed many of my university bedmates.

As a man that enjoys lovemaking, I knew to be cautious and protect myself.

"Four, we're hitting the spot tonight. You in?" Another teammate and close friend, Sebastian Hill, said behind me, slapping my head. I already had a severe headache, and this guy would make it worse.

I clenched my teeth with a wince. "No, I was thinking about getting high and crashing with...uh... her," I nodded towards the young girl still in my arms.

Sebastian, mostly known as Bash, gave me a look of dissatisfaction as he looked at the state she was in. "That looks like a real case to me, bro. She looks hammered. Next thing you know, she'll wake up the next morning and claim that you took advantage of her."

"Oh, for Pete's sake, would you choke on a stick and shut the hell up, Sea Bass!" The girl slurred toward Bash, her eyes glistening and her finger unsteady as she tried to point at him.

"The name's Sebastian," He corrected her politely. He gave her another once over and turned to me. "I stand corrected. She probably doesn't even know her own name right now."

"Well, that makes two of us, I guess," I confessed.

"You don't know her name?" Trey chimed in, looking her down as well.

I shrugged. I know what you're thinking. I'm a douchebag, maybe. But at least I am a genuine douchebag. I didn't care to ask for names. When ladies constantly throw themselves at you daily, learning names becomes irrelevant. They were lucky enough for me to remember the night we shared after I got my release.

"You need to get your stuff together, man," Bash continued.

"Not everyone can be a saint in a monogamous relationship like you," I told him.

This fool was damn near married since we began playing together if you asked me. Bash didn't need to have it written on paper that he was legally married; everyone had already assumed it. His girlfriend, Jasmine Wheeler, was his pride and joy. A sweet bookworm that he had met during his first year of university. He tried to hook me up with her friends, but I was too busy having a secret on-and-off fling with her sister, Ada Wheeler.

"I told you I could find someone that can be to you what Jas is to me," He said. "Yet you want..." He looked over to whatever her name was. "Girls like her..."

She smirked sheepishly, probably not knowing what Bash had said to her completely, but still rolled her eyes.

I sighed, frowning as I took in her disheveled state.

Maybe he was right, and I should sit this one out tonight.

I believe the young girl was attempting to say more, but instantly her mouth filled up, and a wave of vomit came flowing out in seconds. Being on the field taught me to move fast. I immediately detached her arm from around me and slightly nudged her away. Instead of most of the vomit getting on me, it directly contacted Bash.

He flinched, eyes wide as her vomit coated his uniform and cleats.

Trey couldn't contain his laughter, and once he had begun laughing, other players from our team joined in.

"What the hell y'all got going on here?" One of the players questioned.

Someone else chuckled, "Damn, she really threw up on you, bro!"

"I bet you were tryin' to flirt with her, huh, Bash? So what happened to being married?" Another teammate snickered with Trey as they fell into a circle of laughter around Bash.

The girl stumbled back into a crowd of fans and ultimately fell into some bush. My arm had some vomit on it, and I almost gagged. Warm chunks of her last meal sat perched on my skin, and I quickly shook all that I could get off while wiping the remainder on my uniform.

I must increase my standards on who I will take to bed. This is becoming embarrassing.

"The offer still stands to go to our spot?" I questioned Bash as he looked up at me, disgusted at what was on him.

Luckily, Sebastian was always a good sport and didn't let much get to him. Finally, he sighed and took in a deep breath. "Let's go clean up."

_________________

AMAZON KINDLE PUBLISHED LINK IN BIO.