~•Unexpected Visitor•~

⚠️WARNING⚠️
This chapter contains weapons, blood, and swearing

I woke up and stretched, eyeing the clock to see it was 1:31 PM. I heard the floorboards creak in the other room and immediately jumped off the couch. I didn't say anything, what if it was a murderer waiting to kill me? Plus, I wasn't a person in a horror movie that gets killed in the first few minutes of the movie.

I grabbed my switchblade I always had kept near me and headed to the room that the noise had originated from, I slowly opened the door and looked into the room. There was no one there that I could see. But I knew someone was in there, so I looked at the dark areas in the room and saw something near one of the desks. The figure moved and light shone on their face, and it was... Tom Hanniger?

"Tom? What are you doing here?" I asked, stepping into the room. Tom turned to face me, he looked like he was shocked that I was in the room. "Oh, hey Max." Tom said, a bit startled, "I didn't hear you entering the room." 

I chuckled while slightly shaking my head, "Sorry about that, Tommy." I smirked jokingly while putting the switchblade in my pocket, Tom sighed, "I already told you that I don't like you calling me that."

I laughed for a moment before asking, "So, what did ya need from me Tom?" He sighed then moved his hand from his side to show me he had been shot.

"Oh shiiit, that looks bad." I said, instantly I was in a serious mood and looking at the bleeding wound. "I'm going to have to stitch this together, okay?" I looked up at him as he nodded.

"M'kay, follow me." I said, leaving the room and heading to one of my many bookshelves. Pulling on one of the books, a loud click came from behind the bookshelf. I grabbed the shelf under the book and pulled it to open the hidden staircase. "A hidden staircase behind a bookshelf? Really? How original." Tom scoffed, I rolled my eyes and went down the steps. Tom followed me down, of course being a bit slower than me.

"Don't touch anything while we're down here, alright?" I said, looking back at Tom. He hummed in an agreement. We walked past a metal door with no window and stopped at a metal table. "K, sit on the table and lift up your shirt enough to allow me to treat the wound." He nodded and hopped up on the table, doing as I said. I grabbed the needle, thread, and other medical equipment that I needed.

~After the treatment~

"Okay, there. Just make sure not to rip the seam apart or you'll have to come back here and I'll have to restitch the wound." I said, putting warning in my voice. "Oh, I almost forgot. The cops came by earlier. They said that the murders are going back up again. Know anything about that?" I gave him a side-eye and a smirk when I noticed he had flinched.

"Max, that's not funny to joke about." Tom said, I looked over at him. "Tom. I know what's going on." Tom's face immediately went into shock, so I continued, "When someone leaves and comes back after 10 years then the murders start happening again, you can kinda pinpoint who's behind it." I looked over at the smaller metal table and put the medical equipment onto it then softly kicked it so it rolled over to the counter but wouldn't fall over. I heard Tom shifting behind me so I looked over my shoulder to see Tom getting off the table.

"Already leaving? I was going to let you stay over for dinner. I do need the company." I said, he looked over at me with a bit of confusion on his face. "I thought you were going to rat me out to the cops?" I shook my head and chuckled, "You think of that right after I had treated your wound? Of course I wouldn't rat you out, I'd never do that to a friend. Plus, that'd be pretty stupid to do that."

"Now, come upstairs so I can get you food." I said, turning towards the stairs. I started walking towards the stairs and Tom followed me, a bit more relaxed with my answer. I went up the stairs and pushed open the door, a rush of cold air met my face and I groaned. I walked into the living room and said, "You can sit here on the couch while I get the firewood. I kind of forgot to get it earlier." I walked towards the front door and looked behind me at Tom.

I saw Tom sit down on the couch, so I unlocked and opened the front door and headed towards the wood shed. Taking the shed key out of my pocket, I unlocked the shed door and opened it, grabbing an armful of the firewood inside. I shut the door behind me and used one hand to lock the door and to shove the key back into my pocket. I carried the wood back into the house, closing and locking the door behind me went I got inside. I walked into the living room to see Tom still on the couch.

I carried the firewood to the fireplace and threw them in one by one. After I had set all of the wood in the fireplace, I went into the kitchen and searched through all of the cabinets to locate the matchbox. After I found the cabinet the matchbox was in, I grabbed the matchbox and brought it over to the fireplace, striking the match against the rough side of the box a couple of times to get the match to light. The wood caught on fire as soon as I touched the match to the wood, after I was sure the fire was good enough to be let go I threw the match into the fire to make sure the match couldn't catch anything else on fire.

I got up and walked into the kitchen. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked Tom, who was still in the living room.