0. Before You Read

Hi, I'm here with a new book despite hating this app most of the time :D

☀️

Important:

If yall remember, I wrote an Imagine called "Shotgun Silver" (which is now deleted) and the part two turned into a full fledged story on accident. THIS IS NOT A REPEAT of the earlier Imagine chapter named "Shotgun Silver" but the beginning of the first chapter is similar. I edited a few parts, and MORE STORY has been ADDED to what was there before. In short, if you've already read "Shotgun Silver", you need to read the first chapter of this story because things have changed. Like, a lot. If you haven't read the Imagine then don't worry! You can read right from the beginning with no idea what will happen! Exciting, right?

I also updated the first three chapters of this story to my Imagines book but then decided to move the story here, so if you've seen the beginning already, I guess you'll just have to read it again! And don't spoil anything!

☀️

Credits:

The lovely @hobiflower50693 provided the idea that jump-started this entire story, so make sure to thank them! I am certainly grateful, as this story is literally my baby.

The video games Red Dead Redemption II and Red Dead Online were heavy influences on the plot. They also made researching this time period much easier and are the source of the gifs used at the beginning of each chapter.

Some additional inspiration goes to the CW show Riverdale, TrixyBlox on YouTube, and Of Mice and Men! I was inspired by a couple ideas from them and decided to put my own twist on things.

And of course, me! Aside from the inspirational content listed above, this plot is the product of my own mind. It is not copied or up for copy. Plagiarism is a crime and I'm not afraid of dealing with it properly.

☀️

Author's Note:

Don't forget to comment! Ask questions if you're confused, leave suggestions, or just pop in to say hello! It really means a lot to me and if you want to see the end of this very long wild west adventure, some motivation will definitely spur me on. I've spent a great deal of my time on this story, so much so that's it's distracted me completely from the next collaboration! But I love it so so so so much, and I would like to see if you guys enjoy it too. :)

☀️

Warnings:

I cannot stress this enough: If you skip these warnings, then you're responsible for the repercussions, which includes your own discomfort. Please take the time to at least glimpse over them (these warnings will apply to the entire story). Making rude remarks in my comment section about the content of this story will not make me delete it so don't bother wasting your time.

🌵 Character Death (which applies to the (minor) original characters of this story AND the major characters aka BTS *cough I'll write an alternate ending cough*)

🌵 Graphic Depictions of Violence (such as gun use, gore, blood, murder, etc.)

🌵 Explicit Sexual Content (Vmin are mad kinky and use a knife once so plz read with caution)

🌵 Explicit Language (though this is set in the 20th century, I avoided derogatory terms; but folk be droppin' the f bomb all over the place)

🌵 LGBTQ+ Themes (secret gay society, but in addition, implied homophobia)

🌵 Non-con/Sexual Assault/Sexual Abuse (referenced quite a bit; if this is triggering please feel free to skip the scenes where these themes are mentioned)

🌵 Murder and Suicide (a lot of people wind up dead, okay)

🌵 Feminist Themes (it's the early 1900's, but I included some pretty badass female characters because I couldn't help myself)

🌵 Alcohol Abuse/Alcoholism (Alcohol and its effects is a BIG theme in this story, and alcoholism is briefly mentioned)

And although there are a lot of heavy themes in this story, it's not what it looks like. There's a lot of positives, trust me! I'm in no way telling you to read something that you find triggering but this story is more than what I listed above. It deals with a lot of issues like all my books tend to do. This story makes you think a lot; about society vs people, people in positions of power, right vs. wrong, corruption, everything. So if you like thinking too much and giving yourself a headache (just like me, lmao) then this story will be perfect for you. If not, then just enjoy it at face-value and avoid the frustration of contemplating the world.

☀️

Disclaimer:

As always, I am not claiming BTS. This is a work of fiction. Any connections between reality and this story are purely coincidental. If I find anything in the comments fighting this disclaimer I will simply delete it.

🐎🐎🐎