꧁𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 #1꧂

𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘕𝘰𝘰𝘯, 𝘋𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 4.
"Put these boxes over here ! They need to be brought down to the storage rooms quickly, they contain spoilable goods." "Yes sir, but what about the other 3 that are still on board ?" "Just put them out for now, I will see to them later."
It was a busy day at space station "Deep Space Nine". A Vulcan freighter carrying goods from the planet to DS9 had just docked at the upper pylon 3 and everyone involved was busy carrying chests and bags around or managing and overseeing the beaming and loading process. Between all of that, no one seemed to notice the hooded figure quietly making their way out from behind a big box still on the transport pad and into the shadows on a wall in the back to get to the door on the further side of the docking bay. Staying in the shadows, they waited for the next opportunity to slip out of the door unnoticed. They hid for a good long while until the loading was almost done and only a few were still in the room, all of them busy with the Vulcans. Then finally, they saw their chance as a lonely security officer made their way outside, and dashed through the closing gate behind him, before immediately hiding behind the frame of the door, and releasing a breath they had been holding. Feeling safe in the dark corner, they pulled down their mask for just a few breaths of fresh air, and you could see their face under the hood for the first time. It was a female Bajoran as it seemed, as she had the typical nose grooves trailing almost up to her forehead. But she didn't have the typical, strong physique of the Bajorans, her features were slim and elegant. From what you could make out in the shadows, she had very pale skin and a few bruises and scratches adorned her face. The deep bags under her bright blue eyes betrayed her lack of sleep.
Sighing, she pulled the mask back up and quietly began to make her way down the long hallway, always on the lookout for other people that might come her way. Finally, she came into a more populated area of the station, now able to let her guard down just a little bit. She stood to the side for a little, looking around, seemingly not knowing were to go next. Luckily, a security officer, the one who she had followed out before, spotted her and came over. "Hello ma'am, can i help you ? You look a little lost." She jumped a bit in surprise because she hadn't seen him coming. Chuckling lightly, he apologized. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you like that." "Oh i...its ok. I was... just not looking at my surroundings correctly." she said awkwardly and pulled her hood down a little more. "A...also yes, I do require some help. I... i seem to have lost my directions. Could you please tell me were the... promenade deck is ?" "Oh yes, of course. Your not that far from it actually. Just go straight left from here, there is a crossing just a few meters ahead. Then go through the hallway to your left and at the end of it is the entrance to the promenade." The woman nodded and murmured a thanks, before walking off as quick as possible. "Your welcome !" the officer called after her, but she had already vanished in the crowd. Shaking his head, he just continued his patrol, not thinking further about the encounter.
In the meantime, the woman had already reached the crossing. Turning left, she maneuvered through the steady flow of people going to and from the promenade deck. Finally, she reached the gate and stepped through, into a mall-like Room with a high ceiling and two floors, that was buzzing with people and creatures of a colorful variety of different species. 'What I wouldn't give, for a place to be alone for a while' she thought to herself, and let her gaze wander around in search for the loneliest place she could find. The first thing her eyes settled on, was a bar with the big letters "Quark's" pinned above the entrance. She wandered over to it and stepped inside, only to be greeted by even more people, laughing, drinking, or gambling at the few game tables set up in the middle. Not finding this to be the right place to calm down, she walked off again, continuing her search and exploring the area.
Finally, she found something that looked relatively promising. A clothing shop on the farthest end of the upper floor. It was a little smaller and had only a few customers. Quickly slipping inside, she looked around for the most quiet place and found it to be a little seating area just beside the changing cabins. 'Perfect, just out of view from the entrance' she thought, and sat down on one of the benches. Closing her eyes, she leaned back and enjoyed the peace while it lasted.