꧁𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 #2꧂

𝘼/𝙉
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘱𝘢𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯. 𝘐 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦. 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨. ^^
________________________
𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘘𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘬'𝘴 𝘉𝘢𝘳.
Quark was just polishing some glasses and putting them neatly back into the cupboards, when he suddenly saw a very disgruntled looking Odo enter the bar. He scanned the area for a few seconds, before he went over to the bar and sat in the most secluded spot of the counter. No one ever sat there, unless they wanted to be left alone for some reason, not that that would hinder the Ferengi from talking to them. Putting another glass down, he peered over to the Constable and tried to observe him a little. It really was a rare occurrence to see him this angry about something. His hands were clenched into fists and his posture was stiffer than ever, he looked like some kind of creature about to attack its prey. Quark decided to go over nonetheless, curious at what might have managed to upset the normally stoic man this much. "Hello Constable. Having problem, I see." Odo, who had only now noticed the Ferengi coming over just rolled his eyes and tried to turn away from him, as if that would help in ignoring the annoying Bartender. "So you did find some trouble on your patrolling ? What happened ?" "Surely nothing that concerns you !" Odo grumbled bitterly. "Huh, it must have been something big if it upset you this much. The last time I saw you this angry was when they announced that we would work under the Federation.", Quark joked, but immediately shut up as Odo turned to him with a menacing expression. "Well if you remember that, you surely also remember what happened when you did not leave me alone that time !" The Ferengi shrunk back slightly and swallowed, indeed remembering the events Odo was talking about. "Yes, I do. Rather vividly..." The shapeshifters expression turned even more menacing if that was even possible, and he leaned over the Bar to look Quark right in the eyes. "Well then, you should know not to repeat that mistake. Or will I have to give you another reminder ?" Quark shook his head adamantly "No, I don't think that's necessary." He backed away to the other side of the bar as quick as possible, slightly scared by the Constables mood.
The shapeshifter sighed and closed his eyes for a minute to calm down a little. He didn't know why the situation with the mysterious woman earlier set him so on edge. It just felt like something was up with her and he couldn't stand not being able to investigate her further. A deep down part of him also felt kind of bad for her, she had seemed really scared, almost close to tears. Was it just his presence that had upset her ? Or the fact that he was a security officer ? Or maybe something else entirely ? Shaking his head to get rid of the thoughts, he sighed and stood up again, leaving the bar and slowly trailing back to his office.

⏩-𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥-⏩
𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘱.
Against her former expectations, Z'ahala had a pretty good time with the Cardassian. When evening rolled around, they had put together a beautiful, space inspired outfit and Garak was absolutely amazed by the young Bajorans sense of fashion and her creativity. Although she did seem a little nervous during all of it and Garak had noticed the wounds and bruises on her face and hands. He did not want bother her by asking though, it was a rather personal question after all.
But now, it was time for the Cardassian to close the shop and get to bed, as he had to open early tomorrow. Z'ahala was faced with a new problem. She had nowhere to go. She couldn't pay for quarters and also wasn't registered on the station. Maybe she could have asked Garak if she could sleep in the shop or his design studio, but she felt she had already overstretched his hospitality and didn't want to have to rely on anyone other than herself. A thing she learned from experience was that you could never know who to trust, and that even the best of friends would eventually turn into backstabbers. So, she again thanked the Cardassian for his kindness and bid him goodnight, promising to come visit him again the next day. As she walked out of the gate and onto the promenade, she noticed how little people were around now. 'Maybe,' she thought to herself, 'Maybe I can find a corner in here. There have to be a few nooks somewhere...'
She walked around for a while, careful to avoid any security personnel and kept her eyes open for the ideal sleeping place. Eventually (the promenade deck was almost completely void of people by now), she found something between "Quarks" and the Replicator Corner, that was hidden enough for her to curl up in and hopefully get a little sleep. Yawning, she climbed into the crammed corner and took off her boots to be at least a little more comfortable. She managed to find a more or less adequate position, and took to staring at the wall beside her. She was still shivering, not being used to the coldness of the station. She had never been fond of the temperatures on Federation controlled vessels, as they were set to fit mostly the humans and rarely took into account that there were species who were used to or needed higher temperatures. She wrapped the cloak around herself tighter to preserve as much body heat as possible and closed her eyes. And after a lot of continuous tossing and turning she finally managed to fall into a light but uncomfortable slumber.